British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Extending tourist visa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/extending-tourist-visa-568195/)

Ed Pies Oct 20th 2008 9:49 am

Extending tourist visa

I finally got my visa through on the 1st October 2008, hooray ... however my Labour Card has yet to arrive.

I therefore cannot sponsor mywife and kids who have only 2 weeks to go on their visit visas, and we also have a maid who we want to sponsor from Sri Lanka who only has 6 days left on her Tourist Visa. If my labour card came through tommorrow I could sponsor the lot of them, but until it does I am in Limbo.

Is there any way of extending any of these visa's without a trip out of the country for 1 month?

No doubt there are numerous previous threads, however there are numerous changing rules too, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Blue Cat Oct 20th 2008 10:02 am

Re: Extending tourist visa

you can go up to the Hatta/Oman border for the wife and kids but I am really not sure about the Maid? It is different rules for the Brit's you see.

lobby lou Oct 20th 2008 10:45 am

we recently did a visa extension for my father at the ministry ,as for a maid would u b able to do the new 3 month temp one as u have a visa????u could find out at the ministry of labour.......:thumbsup:good luck

twinkle-star Oct 20th 2008 11:06 am

Has anyone done a multiple visa run since the new rules came in???
you can pm me if you like....:blink:

lobby lou Oct 20th 2008 11:10 am

a lady i work with still does the visa run with her son and no probs :thumbup:

twinkle-star Oct 20th 2008 11:14 am

Originally Posted by lobby lou (Post 6891826)
a lady i work with still does the visa run with her son and no probs :thumbup:

Oh thanks coz someone told me it was one month now so needs extending October!:)

lobby lou Oct 20th 2008 12:29 pm

it is ment to e 30 days...but some are 60 :eek:

Ed Pies Oct 20th 2008 1:11 pm

Just popped down to the naturalisation dept for a few hours of aggravation, and the family will be fine, but no visa extension for the maid, as they will not allow it until my wife has a visa too.

Blue Cat Oct 20th 2008 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by Ed Pies (Post 6892151)
Just popped down to the naturalisation dept for a few hours of aggravation, and the family will be fine, but no visa extension for the maid, as they will not allow it until my wife has a visa too.

thought as much, single men aren't allowed to sponsor maids :(