Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Extending tourist visa

Extending tourist visa

Old Oct 20th 2008, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

Ed Pies has a brilliant futureEd Pies has a brilliant futureEd Pies has a brilliant futureEd Pies has a brilliant futureEd Pies has a brilliant futureEd Pies has a brilliant future
Default Extending tourist visa

I finally got my visa through on the 1st October 2008, hooray ... however my Labour Card has yet to arrive.

I therefore cannot sponsor mywife and kids who have only 2 weeks to go on their visit visas, and we also have a maid who we want to sponsor from Sri Lanka who only has 6 days left on her Tourist Visa. If my labour card came through tommorrow I could sponsor the lot of them, but until it does I am in Limbo.

Is there any way of extending any of these visa's without a trip out of the country for 1 month?

No doubt there are numerous previous threads, however there are numerous changing rules too, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Oct 20th 2008, 10:02 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Extending tourist visa

you can go up to the Hatta/Oman border for the wife and kids but I am really not sure about the Maid? It is different rules for the Brit's you see.
Old Oct 20th 2008, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

lobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to all

we recently did a visa extension for my father at the ministry ,as for a maid would u b able to do the new 3 month temp one as u have a visa????u could find out at the ministry of labour.......good luck
Old Oct 20th 2008, 11:06 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone done a multiple visa run since the new rules came in???
you can pm me if you like....
Old Oct 20th 2008, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

lobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to all

a lady i work with still does the visa run with her son and no probs
Old Oct 20th 2008, 11:14 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lobby lou
a lady i work with still does the visa run with her son and no probs
Oh thanks coz someone told me it was one month now so needs extending October!
Old Oct 20th 2008, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

it is ment to e 30 days...but some are 60
Old Oct 20th 2008, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

Ed Pies has a brilliant futureEd Pies has a brilliant futureEd Pies has a brilliant futureEd Pies has a brilliant futureEd Pies has a brilliant futureEd Pies has a brilliant future

Just popped down to the naturalisation dept for a few hours of aggravation, and the family will be fine, but no visa extension for the maid, as they will not allow it until my wife has a visa too.
Old Oct 20th 2008, 1:15 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ed Pies
Just popped down to the naturalisation dept for a few hours of aggravation, and the family will be fine, but no visa extension for the maid, as they will not allow it until my wife has a visa too.
thought as much, single men aren't allowed to sponsor maids