Expats performing Hajj

Expats performing Hajj

Old Jul 23rd 2013, 12:21 pm
RRK
Just Joined

RRK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Expats performing Hajj

Hi,

Me and my wife are moving to Riyadh after Ramadhan to work as EFL tutors.

I was wondering is anyone aware what the process is if we wanna perform the Hajj this year?

Also, will we be able to do Hajj with an English speaking group? Can anyone recommend any tour operators?

Furthermore, i have heard that you are not allowed to perform Hajj if you have done in the last 5 years, is there any truth in this?

Any advice or comments will be appreciated.

Ruhel
Old Jul 23rd 2013, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

sicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond reputesicklyman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expats performing Hajj

I thought that you were only allowed to perform the Hajj if attending with a registered tour group from your passport country due to the strict restrictions placed on the number of pilgrims from each nation each year. Needless to say, you have to apply months in advance (if not years) in order to get yourself a place with agents.

This may, of course, not apply to expats resident in Saudi but I thought I should mention it.
Old Jul 23rd 2013, 7:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Are you muslim? I mean - do you want to do to see it out of interest (I would love to go to Mecca) or do you want to go for religious reasons. The former is very very hard.
Old Jul 24th 2013, 5:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Only Muslims can go on Hajj or Umra. It should be cone through a recognised tour operator. The Saudi Government imposes restrictions on those who wish to make a repeat pilgrimage shortly after the last one.

Tourists are NOT permitted to go to the Holy Mosque in Mecca.
Old Jul 24th 2013, 5:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
I know Christians that have gone. And a gay one at that.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 7:00 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Hajj can be performed every year - there is no limit. It is usually coordinated thru hamllas (agencies who have the a certain number of allocated visas). There are english hamllas - there is a group in Kuwait but you will pay a premium - i think the cost a few years ago was approx KWD2,500 but for that there is everything provided for you. However the number of visas are being restricted due to the rebuilding of the Harram.

Umrah can be done by yourself - and it is not mandatory to go thru hamllas.

Taqabbal Allah
Old Jul 25th 2013, 11:16 am
RRK
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Are you muslim? I mean - do you want to do to see it out of interest (I would love to go to Mecca) or do you want to go for religious reasons. The former is very very hard.
Yes i am a Muslim and would love to do the Hajj as its a religious obligation
Old Jul 25th 2013, 11:17 am
RRK
Just Joined

Originally Posted by UKCityGent
Hajj can be performed every year - there is no limit. It is usually coordinated thru hamllas (agencies who have the a certain number of allocated visas). There are english hamllas - there is a group in Kuwait but you will pay a premium - i think the cost a few years ago was approx KWD2,500 but for that there is everything provided for you. However the number of visas are being restricted due to the rebuilding of the Harram.

Umrah can be done by yourself - and it is not mandatory to go thru hamllas.

Taqabbal Allah
Are there no English speaking agencies/hamallas in Saudi?
Old Jul 25th 2013, 11:19 am
RRK
Just Joined

Originally Posted by scot47
Only Muslims can go on Hajj or Umra. It should be cone through a recognised tour operator. The Saudi Government imposes restrictions on those who wish to make a repeat pilgrimage shortly after the last one.

Is there anyway to avoid the restrictions if i have done Hajj recently?

Also, can you recommend any agencies qho i can speak to, preferably English speaking?
Old Jul 25th 2013, 11:27 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I know Christians that have gone. And a gay one at that.
Begs the question - why on earth would they do that? It looks quite mental.
Old Jul 25th 2013, 11:50 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Begs the question - why on earth would they do that? It looks quite mental.
I don't think Millhouse meant during Hajj. I'd be interested to go when the Hajj isn't on.

My god--I've just said I'd be interested in visiting Saudi, and not for money. What the ****'s wrong with me?
Old Jul 25th 2013, 11:56 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
I don't think Millhouse meant during Hajj. I'd be interested to go when the Hajj isn't on.

My god--I've just said I'd be interested in visiting Saudi, and not for money. What the ****'s wrong with me?
I'm going to be kind and put it down to the heat...

Or your age...
Old Jul 25th 2013, 11:59 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
I'm going to be kind and put it down to the heat...

Or your age...
Must be my age--absolutely glorious weather here on the Atlantic coast, a steady 27C during the day, refreshing breeze, and 20C-ish at night
Old Jul 25th 2013, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RRK
Are there no English speaking agencies/hamallas in Saudi?
Try :http://www.hajinformation.com/main/n50.htm
Old Jul 25th 2013, 2:08 pm
Bored liberal

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Must be my age--absolutely glorious weather here on the Atlantic coast, a steady 27C during the day, refreshing breeze, and 20C-ish at night
I've gone off you...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.