Expat Tax!!!!!!!

Old Nov 9th 2004, 11:00 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expat Tax!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by novita77
You leaving, plenty of asylum seekers want to stay there though...

yup, and they are welcome to it, cause im bloody paying for them as well... not that i mind that so much......but wait until they join the tax system then they wont be so keen on living here, better life maybe.....but you know youre paying for it.....

id rather not pay for things that dont work , than pay for things that dont work!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 9th 2004, 11:03 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

id rather not pay for things that dont work , than pay for things that dont work!!!!!!!!!
[/QUOTE]
Nicely put.... Used to live in N kent.. got invaded by kosovars.... used to read articles in the local rag about these refugees being mugged and having 300 quid knicked - wish I ahd it to start with.

Old Nov 9th 2004, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Nicely put.... Used to live in N kent.. got invaded by kosovars.... used to read articles in the local rag about these refugees being mugged and having 300 quid knicked - wish I ahd it to start with.

[/QUOTE]

Now, take it easy, you might just get me going here. I am an ex-refugee. Well, my parents were. Didn't get a very nice treatement but I am talking about 30 years ago in Switzerland which used to be a different class of refugees all together.

There are refugees and there are refugees. If you know what I mean. I never get offended just contributing to a hot topic for me which could result in a mega essay.

In Switzerland, if you are without a job for one year, you are on your own. The government doesn't give a toss about you. You can end up getting some help once you have sold all your possessions and I mean all. Most people don't even own a property which they could sell. People therefore are more than willing to take up all sorts of jobs unlike in the UK where people feel that they are better off living from the government.
Old Nov 9th 2004, 11:15 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiva
yup, and they are welcome to it, cause im bloody paying for them as well... not that i mind that so much......but wait until they join the tax system then they wont be so keen on living here, better life maybe.....but you know youre paying for it.....

I feel so gutted... those asylum seekers come to england and live for free. And when I want to apply for visa... just for visiting... they investigated me like I am a convict. Where you going to stay? Contact number? Whose the property belong to? How long you will be in the UK? Who going to support you? and the list going on and on and on... I have to feel the bloody 10 pages form for it!!!
Old Nov 9th 2004, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

DubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
Going back to the thread a few weeks ago - exactly the reason I am now an expat.

Expat's in cyprus pay 25% tax - however the employers give them 2 contracts - a real one and one for the tax man - they usually end up paying 10% or less.

TS really?? I expect that is what would happen if they do put taxes on us british expats in the UAE. I would want the fake contract to state I'm getting only Dhs 800 a year, Gordon Brown can go stuff himself and take as much of that as he wants but not any more!!
Old Nov 9th 2004, 11:20 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Palm Tree

Now, take it easy, you might just get me going here. I am an ex-refugee. Well, my parents were. Didn't get a very nice treatement but I am talking about 30 years ago in Switzerland which used to be a different class of refugees all together.

There are refugees and there are refugees. If you know what I mean. I never get offended just contributing to a hot topic for me which could result in a mega essay.

In Switzerland, if you are without a job for one year, you are on your own. The government doesn't give a toss about you. You can end up getting some help once you have sold all your possessions and I mean all. Most people don't even own a property which they could sell. People therefore are more than willing to take up all sorts of jobs unlike in the UK where people feel that they are better off living from the government.
[/QUOTE]

My opinions stand
Old Nov 9th 2004, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

Elles is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Expat Tax!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Jellybean
Sorry it's so long but thought you might be interested. JB

Goodbye Sunshine
>
>Speculation is mounting that the UK and possibly other countries in the
>Organisation of Economic Co-operation & Development (OECD) are about to
>introduce global taxation for expatriates. The impact could be profound for
>the Gulf.
>
>

oh bugger! I think they will have a hard time implementing it....best work out how much of a payrise I'll have to ask for to cover the "tax issue" if it does go ahead!!
Old Nov 9th 2004, 1:05 pm
Premium Member

Originally Posted by DubaiExpat
TS really?? I expect that is what would happen if they do put taxes on us british expats in the UAE. I would want the fake contract to state I'm getting only Dhs 800 a year, Gordon Brown can go stuff himself and take as much of that as he wants but not any more!!
I want one to show the ex Mrs Speak!!!!
Old Nov 9th 2004, 1:58 pm
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Firstly this is a conservative party agenda 'cos it is them that keep waving it in the noses of the labour party. The British public will shed no tears if the tax man takes taxes from us overpaid and underworked expats.......because that is what the naive British public think we are.......therefore, Gordon Brown will be under some pressure from his own people to gather enough taxes to plug the evergrowing black hole, commonly known as the budget deficit.

For any of those of you who think you will be able to dodge paying, forget it. This will be an International Treaty, as the Americans have had since 1920. Admittedly the British government will need to come to an agreement with the GCC although they no doubt will succeed it will be tough because 30% of the money that we will be spending in the GCC will suddenly have to go to the UK tax coffers.

There are ways out, for those of you who are married to foriegn nationals, you have the chance to try and get citizenship in theor country......or.....you may have a nice company, who will create a false contract for you, but i doubt this would happen as an International Tax Treaty would have to be signed, and if anyone in the GCC was caught flouting the law they would be explaining themselves away in an International court.

The final option would be of course to relinquish your British passport and become "of no fixed abode" but then of course where would you live, because if you ever get back into Britain you would have a nice big bill to pay or prison service.

Any doubts or questions then talk to an American here on Dubai and he/she will explain to you very well how much tax is taken from every American working around the world today.

Naturally of course Britain is taking the lead in this matter and other EU countries i.e. Germany, France, Italy, Spain, are eyeing the situation very carefully because it is hightly expected that they will follow suit very close behind Britains success.

Don't think of applying for GCC citizenship because if Britain do not win their way the GCC will tax all expatriates in the future, this would be on the back of increasing International pressure from the IMF.

Spend it while you've got it guys
Old Nov 9th 2004, 2:51 pm
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone want to comment???? It is an important matter to those 'workers' out there
Old Nov 9th 2004, 2:55 pm
Premium Member

Anyone want to comment???? It is an important matter to those 'workers' out there
This deserves some serious consideration before replying................
Old Nov 9th 2004, 5:13 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Truth Speak
This deserves some serious consideration before replying................

Hmmmm no competition me thinks very sad but true
Old Nov 9th 2004, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Firstly this is a conservative party agenda 'cos it is them that keep waving it in the noses of the labour party. The British public will shed no tears if the tax man takes taxes from us overpaid and underworked expats.......because that is what the naive British public think we are.......therefore, Gordon Brown will be under some pressure from his own people to gather enough taxes to plug the evergrowing black hole, commonly known as the budget deficit.

For any of those of you who think you will be able to dodge paying, forget it. This will be an International Treaty, as the Americans have had since 1920. Admittedly the British government will need to come to an agreement with the GCC although they no doubt will succeed it will be tough because 30% of the money that we will be spending in the GCC will suddenly have to go to the UK tax coffers.

There are ways out, for those of you who are married to foriegn nationals, you have the chance to try and get citizenship in theor country......or.....you may have a nice company, who will create a false contract for you, but i doubt this would happen as an International Tax Treaty would have to be signed, and if anyone in the GCC was caught flouting the law they would be explaining themselves away in an International court.

The final option would be of course to relinquish your British passport and become "of no fixed abode" but then of course where would you live, because if you ever get back into Britain you would have a nice big bill to pay or prison service.

Any doubts or questions then talk to an American here on Dubai and he/she will explain to you very well how much tax is taken from every American working around the world today.

Naturally of course Britain is taking the lead in this matter and other EU countries i.e. Germany, France, Italy, Spain, are eyeing the situation very carefully because it is hightly expected that they will follow suit very close behind Britains success.

Don't think of applying for GCC citizenship because if Britain do not win their way the GCC will tax all expatriates in the future, this would be on the back of increasing International pressure from the IMF.

Spend it while you've got it guys

Hmmh, you are either trying to copy me or have shown us a whole different side to your abilities. Thumbs up.

I cannot comment, as it doesn't affect me. I used to go mad when people in the UK complained about taxes. Any idea how much people fork out in Switzerland? 40%. Now that hurts! On top of it, no free healthcare or benefits. Plenty of compulsory insurances. You can earn high wages but not much left of it at the end of the month. I used to think the UK was a tax heaven until I was running my own business. Having grown up in Switzerland, I was following all rules and books were just kept the way they should, was too scared of any consequences, as in Switzerland they don't mess about but didn't expect to be picked on. I even won a case against the VAT who tried to wrongly accuse us of claiming VAT on something which we were so clearly allowed to do. I was exchanging mail for months and not once were they able to supply one correct addition. They couldn't even type the correct figures into a calculator. I wonder what sort of people work there.

Another interesting thing was that the health inspectors seemed to visit us a lot more often than other places which we found filthy. One thing we always took great care of was to keep our restaurants sparkling clean and couldn't understand why they were trying to catch us. When we confronted them, why they are wasting their time and don't instead investigate the filthy places. They explained that during each visit you earn points for maintaining hygiene standards and the better your reputation, inspectors need to increase their visits to make sure you still deserve your points. What a waste of time. So, if a restaurant or take-away is found in filthy condition, it gets a warning and will only be inspected again after one year, which as a very clean place will be visited every 2 months. Does that make sense? They don't even publisize how many points they have given out. It is just for their own records.
Old Nov 10th 2004, 2:20 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

Taxes?

[Laughs in amazement as Dubai property market crashes miserably]

I guess there are a few things that are good about the US huh fellas?
Old Nov 10th 2004, 4:26 am
Banned

Originally Posted by TA5
Taxes?

[Laughs in amazement as Dubai property market crashes miserably]

I guess there are a few things that are good about the US huh fellas?

EXACTLY you guys are used to this

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.