Expat info please

Old Apr 21st 2005, 7:47 am
BE Enthusiast

DubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud of
Default Re: Expat info please

Originally Posted by samireh
Okay guys....
I need some info here on what benefits your companies give you and your families for coming all the way here from Britain to live.

See, I'm sure that our family is getting a raw deal. Without giving out too much personal info: There are four of us, My father is the one working for the UK based company. We live in a villa for around 120 K per year, of which we pay half of the rent, the company pays the other half. We have to pay all our bills electric/water/ gas...The company still hasn't offered my father a company car ( He is in a Sales job...this is Dubai you NEED a car). My brother who is 16 nearly 17 is not in education because we can't afford it. They are also not giving us any annual tickets home for visits....the only thing I can say is that they are paying for our medical insurance for the FIRST year..

We certainly aint saving money.
Hello Samireh I have already PMed you some advice but I only just thought of something just now. If you have trouble renegotiating new terms when the time comes to renew your package, there still are ways to improve the situation. As LL first, the first thing I can see that could change is the housing situation. Jumeirah and Umm Suqueim are central but there are far cheaper places around. You could get a good sized villa in Mirdiff for Dhs75k per annum, the location isn't the best but there are many expats there and I hear a new shopping centre has opened there. Doing this alone means you save Dhs45k annually already, of which perhaps Dhs35k can go for your brother's education. Definitely ask for utilities and travel allowance, and as I said before medical insurance should be standard.
Unless you really want me to, I won't post our package and I don't really think there is much point in other people doing the same unless they are in similar professions. No point comparing apples and oranges really.
Hope this helped