Etisalat Router

Old Dec 8th 2011, 6:47 am
Just Joined

Garth_Vader is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Etisalat Router

Hi all,

First post (hello) and after a bit of info on Etisalat's DSL routers that they supply with the Al Shamil packages, surprise, surprise, I can't find anything on their website.

I'm about to move to Dubai to be with my gf, a longtime resident, and she already has broadband in her house. The router they suppllied way back when is an old dog of a thing and is good for nothing but the bin.

What I'd like to know is what routers Eitisalat supply with the Al Shamil packages if we were to upgrade. I'm thinking of buying one, but if their new routers are OK I'll save the cash for a shawarma or two.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Garth_Vader; Dec 8th 2011 at 7:09 am.
Old Dec 8th 2011, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Etisalat Router

Originally Posted by Garth_Vader
The router they suppllied way back when is an old dog of a thing and is good for nothing but the bin.
This is immense rhyming skills.

Pleased to be so helpful..
Old Dec 8th 2011, 11:58 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Paracletus
This is immense rhyming skills.

Pleased to be so helpful..
Maybe in a haiku?

Etisalat web,
Their router is poor and old,
Do they have better?

Old Dec 8th 2011, 4:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

More Yoda than Vader methinks....
Old Dec 8th 2011, 4:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Hi and welcome to the bored.
I have broadband with etisalat and I am a technophobe but it seems to be ok..I download stuff..usually at about 220kb/s...whatever that means ..........my internet speed is ok.....they promised me 4m..something or another but..I don't have a clue..anyway..it is fine for me..the router was cheap..it works...result!
Old Dec 9th 2011, 8:22 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the info Pats.

The good lady is going to try and blag a new router so we'll see what turns up. Hopefully it'll be half-decent, but if it's no good then I'll brush the moths of my wallet.
Old Dec 10th 2011, 2:09 am
Wannabe Cycling God

TheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond reputeTheShed has a reputation beyond repute

Recently, Etishite have been supplying decent Cisco routers (especially on the eLife package) which have decent throughput and fairly good wireless signals. Not sure if they give them on Al Shamil, but provided they connect you with a phone style connection, rather than the co-ax type link you can go to one of the big retailers like Sharaf DG and buy some really good kit for a fair price. Sharaf DG staff are also pretty knowledgeable and will try to help you.

Routers also sold at Virgin, CompuMe and eMax amongst other.

HIH
Old Dec 11th 2011, 5:19 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by TheShed
Sharaf DG staff are also pretty knowledgeable and will try to help you.
Second that, S.DG guy was really useful when I bought my wireless router.

For once I was told not to bother with the bigger range and the fancy looking one, the mid priced one was best for what I wanted. Felt like I was at home.
Old Dec 12th 2011, 7:33 am
Just Joined

Sharaf DG sounds like the place to go, thanks for the tips all
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 9:32 am
Just Joined

AriAbuDhabi is an unknown quantity at this point

just got new elife contract, It should be 8 Mbs, (yes I measured gives me nice 7.something). Funny bit what I did not understand is that they said in their procures that they do have routers for 4, 8 32 and something else,,so giving me understanding that speed is locke into router not into your plan. Not quite sure how that one works.

Anyhow their router uses D - link installation cd, so my guess is that that is their hardware, router itself labels as Aztech HW550-3G, and that one gives you plenty of specs in google
https://www.google.com/search?q=Azte..._en-GB___AU384

I hope this helps...now question is how to get into their fiber modem box, assuming it is just bridged, but coud there be something to tinker?
Old Jan 4th 2012, 2:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Debowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really nice

Originally Posted by AriAbuDhabi
just got new elife contract, It should be 8 Mbs, (yes I measured gives me nice 7.something). Funny bit what I did not understand is that they said in their procures that they do have routers for 4, 8 32 and something else,,so giving me understanding that speed is locke into router not into your plan. Not quite sure how that one works.

Anyhow their router uses D - link installation cd, so my guess is that that is their hardware, router itself labels as Aztech HW550-3G, and that one gives you plenty of specs in google
https://www.google.com/search?q=Azte..._en-GB___AU384

I hope this helps...now question is how to get into their fiber modem box, assuming it is just bridged, but coud there be something to tinker?
The etisalat Aztech HW550-3G router is okay, but you can also use your own router, they give you the option if you want...I used the etisalat router and it was okay.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 4:21 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AriAbuDhabi
This isn't right - we upgraded from 8 to 16 Mbps and all it took was a reboot of the router and cable modem (so they could resync with the downstream servers) to achieve the higher speed.
Old Jan 4th 2012, 7:30 am
Just Joined

AriAbuDhabi is an unknown quantity at this point

csdf
sound more like it, good to know for our future upgrade