Essentials

Old Mar 16th 2013, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

Sav123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Essentials

So its around 2 weeks before i fly out to Doha, and i was wondering if any of you could list any essentials / must haves in Doha that i should buy here in the U.K and bring over with me as its difficult to get / much more expensive / non existent in Qatar...
Old Mar 16th 2013, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Essentials

Originally Posted by Sav123
So its around 2 weeks before i fly out to Doha, and i was wondering if any of you could list any essentials / must haves in Doha that i should buy here in the U.K and bring over with me as its difficult to get / much more expensive / non existent in Qatar...
Everything will seem a little more expensive but you can get most of the essentials here to be honest .

The one thing you must bring is patience , you're going to need shitloads
Old Mar 16th 2013, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

Ha... looking forward to the challenge!
Old Mar 16th 2013, 5:08 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

Smoke alarm, CO alarm and ropeladder. They don't do fire safety in Qatar.

Some 3-pin to 2-pin electrical adaptors. The outlets are 3-pin, but many appliances here are 2-pin.

International driving licence from the UK Post Office. Costs about £5 and is valid here until you start the residency permit process.

Multiple colour photocopies of your drivers licence, passport, educational certificates and professional qualifications. Plus some passport photographs on a blue background.

Attestation and stamping of any required certificates for your RP (Police Disclosure, Education, Professional)

Your mobile phone unlocked so you can use either Q-Tel or Vodafone.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 4:33 am
BE Enthusiast

gottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Johnnyboy11
Smoke alarm, CO alarm and ropeladder. They don't do fire safety in Qatar.

Some 3-pin to 2-pin electrical adaptors. The outlets are 3-pin, but many appliances here are 2-pin. Also extension leads - you can only buy chinese which tend to melt

International driving licence from the UK Post Office. Costs about £5 and is valid here until you start the residency permit process. accepted by some car hire companies, but you should go and get a temporary Qatar driving licence when you arrive.

Postage stamps

Normally I travel to UK and back only with hand baggage - meaning I cannot be arsed to bring anything back. If I do bring a suitcase back then usually it has 10 kg liquorice allsorts (not available here) , black pudding, coffee and various packets of cooking sauces and cooking ingredients all of which appear to be readily available here, but not so according to my wife.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 5:12 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Johnnyboy11
Some 3-pin to 2-pin electrical adaptors. The outlets are 3-pin, but many appliances here are 2-pin.
Is there an Ikea in Doha? I found that was the best place to get them in the UAE.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 5:21 am
BE Enthusiast

gottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to all

Originally Posted by typical
Is there an Ikea in Doha? I found that was the best place to get them in the UAE.
opened last week. Good point
Old Mar 17th 2013, 5:28 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

A sense of humour, tolerance and understanding are all needed.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

DOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

Make sure that if you where glasses that you have some passport photos wearing them for your driving licence application

Apart from mentioned above you really can get most things out here.

Start a good rapport with your agent etc now so when you get here he/she is ready to work for you and you have a mutual understanding that you need to get things done

Things dont happy here at the speed at which they normally do back home. I got a little flustered after a week and found it way easier to take a step back and slow down. Try and use the nice to be nice approach as well when dealing with people as they seem to be more effective. Also try and do as much as possible by yourself. This will also get you more familar with the area
Old Mar 17th 2013, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Salt and Vinegar Discos & Cadburys Whispers!
Old Mar 17th 2013, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Theseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond repute

Aussie shampoo and conditioner
Old Mar 17th 2013, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

Thanks guys, much appreciated!
Old Mar 17th 2013, 10:23 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

VO5 Matt Clay
Toothpaste with fluoride in.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
VO5 Matt Clay
Toothpaste with fluoride in.
VO5 Matt Clay lad , are you sure......

You should be using a soft finishing moulding putty on hair like yours
Old Mar 17th 2013, 11:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Theseus
Aussie shampoo and conditioner
You can get that in Megamart @ Barwa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.