entry exit visas

Old Sep 26th 2009, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

alycat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default entry exit visas

Hi,

Would i have my own entry/exit visas or will i be included on my husbands who is going to work there, or will i just require permission from my husband to fly alone.

Also do you require an exit visa to visit Dubai or Barhain for weekends etc? if not can you fly from Dubai to UK without an exit visa? i.e. for emergency exit if we have a problem like funeral etc in the UK.

Thanks
Old Sep 26th 2009, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: entry exit visas

Originally Posted by alycat
Hi,

Would i have my own entry/exit visas or will i be included on my husbands who is going to work there, or will i just require permission from my husband to fly alone.

Also do you require an exit visa to visit Dubai or Barhain for weekends etc? if not can you fly from Dubai to UK without an exit visa? i.e. for emergency exit if we have a problem like funeral etc in the UK.

Thanks
No exit visas here! You can fly to UK anytime, provided you are not a nationality that requires a visa!

You don't need your husbands permission, unless perhaps you are a muslim and he insists on it!
Old Sep 26th 2009, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alycat
Hi,

Thanks
In Saudi, you will need an exit and re-entry visa of your own, in your own passport.

THe best one to get is a Multiple Exit / Re-Entry ( MER ) , which means you can come in and out of the country as many times as you wish, but these are only valid for 6 months at a time. Once issued, you have to use if for the first time within three months.

Therefore, once you arrive, get an MER - your husbands employer may possibly sort this for you, they do all this for my family. THis does mean that if you do have a domestic emergency, with a valid visa you can leave at short notice, AND come back into the country.

You can get single exit / single entry visa's, but most people I know use the MERs.
Old Sep 26th 2009, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jim Smith
No exit visas here! You can fly to UK anytime, provided you are not a nationality that requires a visa!

You don't need your husbands permission, unless perhaps you are a muslim and he insists on it!
Sorry I misread where you were going to settle! Not Dxb!
Old Sep 26th 2009, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

alycat is an unknown quantity at this point

Jim no worries, thanks for the replies, hopefully not long now hoping to be there early November