Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Emirates Holiday Offer for Thailand - HELP!

Emirates Holiday Offer for Thailand - HELP!

Old Jan 19th 2006, 8:51 am
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute
Default Emirates Holiday Offer for Thailand - HELP!

Ok peeps,

I just got the soles of my shoes all rubbed and worn-out! This is the deal i got from Emirates Holidays for 14/15days.

-Bangkok

Majestic Grande hotel - 4days

-Phuket

Patong Beach Hotel - 6days

-Kozo moi

Amari Palm reef Resort - 4 days

Includes only Hotel Transferrs. For aed 6900/-

I am now worried as i am on standy-by ticket since these roots are very busy chances are that i may miss my flight and pay for the cancellation and lost of a day!

Can any one advice me another travel agent from whom i can book another better deal?

Is above deal a good one?

Can I get any accomodation cheaper than that?

Is 3 star hotels the best way to go?

Should i book directly with the hotels?

I NEED ADVICE PLEASE HELP I AM RUNNING OUT OF TIME!!!!!
Old Jan 19th 2006, 8:54 am
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emirates Holiday Offer for Thailand - HELP!

1,000 BHAT Is how many Dirhams?????

or 1,000 dirhams is how much baht??????
Old Jan 19th 2006, 9:00 am
Banned

Originally Posted by CasaNova
1,000 BHAT Is how many Dirhams?????

or 1,000 dirhams is how much baht??????

Is this Correct???????

100.00 AED United Arab Emirates Dirhams = 1,072.58 THB Thailand Baht

1 AED = 10.7258 THB 1 THB = 0.0932328 AED
Old Jan 19th 2006, 9:25 am
Banned

There are 18 people (7 members & 11 guests) viewing Middle East

ok do anyone of you have any real life experience?
Old Jan 19th 2006, 11:19 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

There are 18 people (7 members & 11 guests) viewing Middle East

ok do anyone of you have any real life experience?
I don't spend all day on here you know!

Questions first:

1) Are you on a budget?

2) Do you want to just laze on a beach?

3) Does everything need to be done for you, flights, accom, transfers? Or are you prepared to be flexible?

4) Do like hotels only or are other accoms ok?

5) When are you going?

6) Will you be on your own for the trip?

Let me know and I'll give you some thoughts... be quick though - I'm out soon!
Old Jan 19th 2006, 11:45 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Autonomy
I don't spend all day on here you know!

Questions first:

1) Are you on a budget?

yes, bcoz i am leaving to zurich in april.

2) Do you want to just laze on a beach?

No not really two hrs is enough! but i like to look/stare at nice beaches.. are there any topless beaches (then maybe all day)

3) Does everything need to be done for you, flights, accom, transfers? Or are you prepared to be flexible?

flight i have the ticket to dxb-Hongkok-dxb... rest i need to fly to phuket and koi sumi. i need accomodation nothing fansy as i will be outdoors and alone so no need for the deluxe or 4stars. yes i need the tranfers!

yes on this trip i am

4) Do like hotels only or are other accoms ok?

i checked in lonelyplanets... the lowest i could get is 1200baht! are they reliable? is this good enough!

5) When are you going?
1st of feb till 15 feb.

6) Will you be on your own for the trip?
yes

Let me know and I'll give you some thoughts... be quick though - I'm out soon!
just saw and replied
Old Jan 19th 2006, 12:00 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

yes, bcoz i am leaving to zurich in april.

No not really two hrs is enough! but i like to look/stare at nice beaches.. are there any topless beaches (then maybe all day)

flight i have the ticket to dxb-Hongkok-dxb... rest i need to fly to phuket and koi sumi. i need accomodation nothing fansy as i will be outdoors and alone so no need for the deluxe or 4stars. yes i need the tranfers!

yes on this trip i am

i checked in lonelyplanets... the lowest i could get is 1200baht! are they reliable? is this good enough!

1st of feb till 15 feb.

yes

just saw and replied
Ok - Etihad flys there for 278 UK pound (about 1800 dhs) dxb bangkok rtn. Do not stop in Bangkok yet... you can book Thai Air from Bangkok to either Krabi or Phuket for about 300dhs 1 way. Or Go direct to Koh Samui for about 600dhs 1 way.

Don't bother with hotels. You'll find really nice beach hut acom. bout 70 - 100 dhs per night for very decent places.

Try to book a beach hut for the first 2 -3 nights then just travel on from there.

Try the train from south back up north to Bangkok if you go to Krabi / Phuket or if you fly to Koh Samui see the other islands Koh Tao / Koh Pang Yang (spelling?).

Samui and Puket are quite busy and touristy I think, but Tao / Krabi / Koh Lanta not so busy.

All amazing. Food and drinks very cheap indeed. Try all the stalls etc.

Aim to be back in Bangkok for 2 nights at a nice hotel to spend all that money you just saved doing it youself and having a much more free trip. Go with the flow. Try the Pennisula or the Oriental if you want to spend about 1000 dhs per night.

Ask some questions on here:

http://www.travelforum.org/thailand/main.html

Flights:

http://www.bangkokair.com/
www.thaiair.com

Others

http://samui.sawadee.com
http://www.kolantabeach.com/

and you probably will find a topless beach...
Old Jan 19th 2006, 12:10 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Autonomy
Ok - Etihad flys there for 278 UK pound (about 1800 dhs) dxb bangkok rtn. Do not stop in Bangkok yet... you can book Thai Air from Bangkok to either Krabi or Phuket for about 300dhs 1 way. Or Go direct to Koh Samui for about 600dhs 1 way.

Don't bother with hotels. You'll find really nice beach hut acom. bout 70 - 100 dhs per night for very decent places.

Try to book a beach hut for the first 2 -3 nights then just travel on from there.

actaully i would like to see bangkok first and might meet a travel companion to phuket! This is what i was recomemded in lonelyplanet... what do u think?

i need to book the hotels as i get really confused in the best of times... should i book online internet or by a travel agent in dxb???

Hut? do they have showers ?? and room service and swimming and etc?
Old Jan 19th 2006, 12:17 pm