Emirates Express

Old Apr 15th 2005, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Benson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to behold
Default Emirates Express

Need some more help from you dubaites. Has anyone tried the Emirates Express? I understand it stops on Trade Centre RA. Is it the regular bus stop on the RA or some where else. Are the timings pretty accutate or what?

Face I tried to Kama you but was unable will try again.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 5:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: Emirates Express

Originally Posted by Benson
Need some more help from you dubaites. Has anyone tried the Emirates Express? I understand it stops on Trade Centre RA. Is it the regular bus stop on the RA or some where else. Are the timings pretty accutate or what?

here is the press release on the service

http://www.dubai.ae/en.portal?Genera...pageLabel=news

the gist is

The service is offered at Dhs15 one way.

The service will start from the main bus station in Abu Dhabi and ply through Sheikh Rashid road, Sheikh Zayed road passing through Umm Al Nar, Al Shahama and Al Samha stations and Dubai World Trade Center intersection and halt at Al Ghubaibah bus station in Dubai. The service will take the same route on its return trip to Abu Dhabi. Passengers can get down at the stations on the way or reach Abu Dhabi directly, he said.

The coaches will take two hours to run the 150km route. The first bus will leave Al Ghubaibah (Dubai) station at 6am and the last one will leave the station at 9pm. The first bus from Abu Dhabi main bus station will start at 6.30am and the last bus will leave the station at 9.30pm. Services from each station will be operated at a frequency of 45 minutes and additional coaches will be put on service when the demand goes up.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 6:23 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Emirates Express

lolol....... how much k do ya want to give me? hahaha

Have heard of Emirates Express........

Voila!

Dubai-Abu Dhabi Emirates Express announced

This was announced today at a press conference at Dubai Municipality in the presence of senior officials of both the civic bodies.

Dubai Municipality was represented by Obeid Salem Al Shamsi, Assistant Director General for Administrative and General Services Affairs and Abdul Aziz Malik, Director of Public Transport Department, while Abu Dhabi Municipality was represented by Mohammed Mubarak Al Marar, Director of Public Transport Department, Saeed Mohammed Al Hamili, Deputy Director of Public Transport Department and Ali Hussain, Head of Marketing and Planning Section.

Al Shamsi said the new service is considered to be the fruit of co-operation between the two municipalities of Dubai and Abu Dhabi. 'Both the civic bodies contributed towards it fully by proving all the requirements for the service including manpower, air-conditioned luxury coaches and complete amenities for operating the service as the officials at both the municipalities were keen to provide a safe, economic, comfortable and eco-friendly means of transport between different emirates of the country,' he said.

Al Shamsi said the officials took into consideration the entire traffic, economic and environmental aspects encompassing the operations of transporting passengers through road networks that connect Dubai and Abu Dhabi in particular and other emirates of the country in general.

Al Shamsi said this route embodies the increased care that the UAE is providing the transport sector considering that it is one of the most important urban solutions for the problems resulting from the steady and intense growth of population and the use of private small vehicles, a problem that is faced by most of the nations in the world today.

He said the concerned officials and experts in Abu Dhabi and Dubai municipalities held a number of meetings and conducted necessary studies aimed at designing the service and preparing a working plan by dividing the responsibilities between the two sides.

Al Shamsi thanked the concerned officials and experts in both the civic bodies for their earnest efforts in accomplishing this important project and called for increased efforts for further enhancing the public transport sector and realizing the objectives of the country.

Malik said the new service will start from the main bus station in Abu Dhabi and ply through Sheikh Rashid road, Sheikh Zayed road passing through Umm Al Nar, Al Shahama and Al Samha stations and Dubai World Trade Centre intersection and halt at Al Ghubaibah bus station in Dubai. The service will take the same route on its return trip to Abu Dhabi and the passengers are able to get down at the stations on the way or reach Abu Dhabi directly, he said.

The coaches will take two hours to run the 150km long route. The first bus will leave Al Ghubaibah station at 6am and the last one will leave the station at 9pm. The first bus from Abu Dhabi main bus station will start at 6.30am and the last bus will leave the station at 9.30pm. Services from each station will be operated at a frequency of 45 minutes and additional coaches will be put on service as per demand increases in the future.

more karma for me? LOL
Old May 7th 2005, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Benson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to behold

well the missus has used the service twice now. First time was with her brother, just a tester and it was very good. They have one ten min stop in AD and if you are late they leave you there. One point is it can be very busy on weekends but if you get there early should get on ok. Ideal for tourists as it is cheap and a reliable service. Will see how long it stays that way!
Old May 7th 2005, 2:35 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

well the missus has used the service twice now. First time was with her brother, just a tester and it was very good. They have one ten min stop in AD and if you are late they leave you there. One point is it can be very busy on weekends but if you get there early should get on ok. Ideal for tourists as it is cheap and a reliable service. Will see how long it stays that way!
hmmmmm....... i dunno.... i mean its a good thing that they have the servicce and all that, but would still prefer to drive myself there.

will see if i can give u some k as i need to spread it.

how u doing anyway?