Egypt

Old Nov 27th 2008, 9:39 am
Just Joined

Topper Headon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Egypt

I'm not sure i should post this here but couldn't see anything in Africa about the country. Can anyone point me in the right direction for work visas for Egypt? initially need someone on the ground quick on a contract is there the equivalent to a Business Visa in Saudi? How long does it normally take to get the work visa for when the guy becomes a full time in employee? I am trying to get someone on site for the 10th december is that likely? have been trying to get the embassy but no one is answering the phone.......
Old Nov 27th 2008, 9:43 am
W10

Default Re: Egypt

Generally speaking it is a pain in the ass dealing with anything to do with work visas in Egypt.

I don't think it takes a huge amount of time once you manage to get hold of the ministry (which is a time hoover)

Old Nov 28th 2008, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: The city of many visions - and fast performance cars
weescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Egypt

I had about 3 tourist visas before my Egyptian business visa finally came through, and I was a government contractor. Loads come and work on a tourist visa to begin with and whilst it isn't technically correct, there is no other way around it if you need someone on the ground fast. It does take time to get it all legal and a very tedious process for whihc you will need a PRO.