Egate

Old Oct 20th 2013, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

abudhabinewbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Egate

Hi Everyone

I am interested in obtaining an e gate card. can someone point me in the right direction on how to apply for one? Where do i need to go

thanks
Old Oct 20th 2013, 9:58 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Egate

Originally Posted by abudhabinewbie
I am interested in obtaining an e gate card. can someone point me in the right direction on how to apply for one? Where do i need to go
Hhhhmmm IT management is your line of work. I think I can help you.
Old Oct 20th 2013, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mikewot
Hhhhmmm IT management is your line of work. I think I can help you.
Err, you might be being a little harsh there...

All the links which come up from that search, or at least the first page's, are either out of date (telling you all about the registration campaign which ran earlier this year), or wrong: eg the Abu Dhabi Airport link still refers to the old finger-print/plastic card system, and the EID link talks about adding the service, at a cost, to one's ID card - whereas the newer biometric-passport based "smart egate" system is free, I think.

I did the biometric passport egate registration earlier this summer when it was being rotated through the Abu Dhabi malls, but my wife was away and unable to do it. I was also wondering recently where she should go to get her biometric passport enabled for the smart egate system, and found it quite hard to find out. So I'd also like to know an up to date answer to this question!
Old Oct 20th 2013, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Don't bother with the e-gate card - get your biom passport registered (if you have one)

so easy in and out
Old Oct 20th 2013, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by saudiflares
Don't bother with the e-gate card - get your biom passport registered (if you have one)

so easy in and out
Yes, exactly, but where do you get it registered?
Further googling has revealed a suggestion, on another discussion forum, that one has to do it at the airport, on arrival, BEFORE you pass through immigration, and that it can't be done at the old egate registration office on the public side. Is that correct? Seems very bizarre if true...
Old Oct 20th 2013, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Customs guy did mine at the airport at the customs gates when entering or was it leaving but wife and kids did theirs at some mall when they had the travelling roadshow. Takes seconds.

Different gates to e-gate
Old Oct 20th 2013, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

The government services guy got me two at the last place I worked, for Saudi. They only work at the Saudi terminals for international flights, not for the 'foreign' airlines, but have proved to be pretty useful, especially when arriving when into KSA.
Old Oct 20th 2013, 12:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

so easy in and out
only when it works, we did 2 passports didnt like "our eyes" got rejected...!
Old Oct 20th 2013, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by busybee2
only when it works, we did 2 passports didnt like "our eyes" got rejected...!
100% strike record for me and my lot so far although each time I wait for it to reject...lived in ME too long to think any other way
Old Oct 20th 2013, 4:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

100% strike record for me and my lot so far although each time I wait for it to reject...lived in ME too long to think any other way
well when we were registering it rejected both of us... so redid it again...... couldnt try again as it needed a few days to update.... tried at the airport a couple of months later nope REJECT!!
Old Oct 20th 2013, 4:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by busybee2
well when we were registering it rejected both of us... so redid it again...... couldnt try again as it needed a few days to update.... tried at the airport a couple of months later nope REJECT!!
do you have funny eyes?
Old Oct 20th 2013, 8:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

do you have funny eyes?
must do, but also one my kids too! must run in the family.... or maybe there equipment wasnt very good with us both same machines.... etc
Old Oct 21st 2013, 5:29 am
Forum Regular

abudhabinewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all thanks for the replies but still no better off?
Old Oct 21st 2013, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

DustyBits is just really niceDustyBits is just really niceDustyBits is just really niceDustyBits is just really niceDustyBits is just really niceDustyBits is just really niceDustyBits is just really niceDustyBits is just really niceDustyBits is just really niceDustyBits is just really niceDustyBits is just really nice

Came through the old E-gate yesterday morning at AUH off the KLM flight....30 secs maximum, no probs. Bags we're just popping on to the carousel as we arrived in the hall. Bliss.
Walked through to new Arrivals hall and straight into a 50 min queue for taxis...absolute chaos and complete bloody shambles.
With the F1 circus rolling into town next week then watch out for some very unhappy visitors!

DB