Economy /Q2

Old Jun 27th 2018, 10:58 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Economy /Q2

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
Take it from me that it's from the top only, none of the minions have any power to hold or release payment.

As for the second part, our guys generally believed that 'relationship' idea until the day we went and tried shutting down- guess what? The client paid up. He cried like a baby but he paid, and now the balance of power has changed. Problem is when your country head hasn't got the balls to man up, he's afraid to be accused of losing work or growth. Rather lose growth than lose your shirt at the end of the job.
A-****ing-men.

We're terrible for bending over for some clients and letting them not just **** us, but spit on our backs while they do it.
Others we abuse and hammer them, get paid, make money and do a good job.

It's all down to our Country Manager / Project Director / Ops Director etc.
Old Jun 27th 2018, 1:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Economy /Q2

Originally Posted by Scamp
I've got a theory on this, based on a recent visit when I was over and what happened (I wasn't involved but I was told).

The top top top top boy was livid and embarrassed that we were owed millions of quid in fees. We left that day with a cheque for about half of it and guarantees he'll sort the rest.

He didn't know (or pretended very well) that we weren't being paid.

It's the middle / senior managers who play the games and do things like this to suit their own agenda and make decisions on behalf of owners / top boys and don't tell them or keep them informed.

I think that's the Indian way.
This is how Contractors are treated here on one of our projects. Two of them owed triple digit million Dibs. Every now and again someone has a shit fit and it gets back to the big man upstairs and a chunk of change is forthcoming, only for the situation to gradually build up again...... it's mental as in the end it ends up costing them more. Federal jobs here, however, are a joy to work on from a financial point of view as they have the funds set aside when the project is awarded and so there is not a delay on the monthly valuation.