Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

DUKHAN ENGLISH SCHOOL

DUKHAN ENGLISH SCHOOL

Old Jul 9th 2012, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

silversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud of
Default DUKHAN ENGLISH SCHOOL

I am tempted to apply for a teaching position within Dukhan English School. Can anybody cast any light about what the school is like or what Dukhan is like for a single person?
Many thanks
Old Jul 9th 2012, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DUKHAN ENGLISH SCHOOL

Originally Posted by silversilver
I am tempted to apply for a teaching position within Dukhan English School. Can anybody cast any light about what the school is like or what Dukhan is like for a single person?
Many thanks
Can't help you with the school but Dukhan is the embodiment of a one horse town , it makes Doha look like Vegas .

On the plus side , teachers seem to live a cracking life out here , trying to make contact with one of the staff would be your best bet .
Old Jul 9th 2012, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

silversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud ofsilversilver has much to be proud of

Ha ha - love it! But it might be a two horse town if I arrive there! Come on I've heard that there's camel racing and everything in Doha - can't be that bad. Would love to make contact with one of the staff that's why I thought I would post

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Can't help you with the school but Dukhan is the embodiment of a one horse town , it makes Doha look like Vegas .

On the plus side , teachers seem to live a cracking life out here , trying to make contact with one of the staff would be your best bet .
Old Jul 9th 2012, 1:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

I have a customer based at the QP camp at Dukhan who has a couple of teenagers at the school there and speaks very highly of it.
Old Jul 9th 2012, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh
I have a customer based at the QP camp at Dukhan who has a couple of teenagers at the school there and speaks very highly of it.
Hey, thanks for that.
Old Jul 9th 2012, 5:13 pm
Perky but sarky

lullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond repute

Ha ha - love it! But it might be a two horse town if I arrive there! Come on I've heard that there's camel racing and everything in Doha - can't be that bad. Would love to make contact with one of the staff that's why I thought I would post
Camel racing and everything...

Party on dude
Old Jul 10th 2012, 4:22 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Those teacher forum thingy's would probably help you more . There is literally nothing in Dukhan but that doesn't mean all the teachers are not pissed every night and shagging the arse of each other....

Let me know if it is like that and i might pop up one Thursday night .
Old Jan 15th 2013, 5:23 pm
Just Joined

stirlingsingle will become famous soon enoughstirlingsingle will become famous soon enough

Where do they get the booze from? I heard that it was totally dry out there.
Old Jan 15th 2013, 8:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

It has an entry on Wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dukhan_English_School

If I were you I would post on

www.eslcafe.com

and see if you get anything back.