Dubai Vs Doha

Old Dec 18th 2006, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

karaokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of lightkaraokeM is a glorious beacon of light
Default Dubai Vs Doha

Hi everyone

If anyone can help with our dilemma I would appreciate it. We have been offered two jobs both good money. One is in Dubai and the other Doha. I know that doha is smaller and not as busy as Dubai, but I'm thinking about the kids for things to do, also lifestyle. Can anyone help to which place would be best.

Cheers
Old Dec 18th 2006, 4:59 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai Vs Doha

Originally Posted by karaokeM
Hi everyone

If anyone can help with our dilemma I would appreciate it. We have been offered two jobs both good money. One is in Dubai and the other Doha. I know that doha is smaller and not as busy as Dubai, but I'm thinking about the kids for things to do, also lifestyle. Can anyone help to which place would be best.

Cheers
I'm living in Dubai and have visited Doha (read all about it on my blog). Both have their down sides - Dubai has traffic and more traffic and a high cost of living, Doha is quieter, but the cost of living is similar and there isn't half as much to do or see. I'm glad I chose Dubai on balance. I'm sure Malteser will be along to balance things up in a while.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

Mellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to beholdMellie66 is a splendid one to behold

Although on the face of it, it seems as though there is less to do in Doha, there is a huge amount of stuff for kids to do. A lot of the schools have very good after school programs/clubs. My boy is at Qatar Academy, excellent facilities and his after school stuff ranges from Drama to Volleyball.

It does depend on the ages of your kids tho, also what sort of things they like to do. If they are interested in Martial Arts, Im sure Novita can help you on that one , I know her son does some of that. If they are interested in Drama, the Doha Players has a fantastic youth base, volunteers for stagework as well as acting.

My kids have a way way better social life than we do

House prices are quite high, but just as the games are finishing they seem to be settling at least. Cost of living, not sure how that compares to Dubai. I guess you would probably get to save more if you lived in Qatar.

Malteser! Log on, I know you are enjoying being home but come on, people need help
Old Dec 18th 2006, 7:52 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mellie66
Although on the face of it, it seems as though there is less to do in Doha, there is a huge amount of stuff for kids to do. A lot of the schools have very good after school programs/clubs. My boy is at Qatar Academy, excellent facilities and his after school stuff ranges from Drama to Volleyball.

It does depend on the ages of your kids tho, also what sort of things they like to do. If they are interested in Martial Arts, Im sure Novita can help you on that one , I know her son does some of that. If they are interested in Drama, the Doha Players has a fantastic youth base, volunteers for stagework as well as acting.

My kids have a way way better social life than we do

House prices are quite high, but just as the games are finishing they seem to be settling at least. Cost of living, not sure how that compares to Dubai. I guess you would probably get to save more if you lived in Qatar.

Malteser! Log on, I know you are enjoying being home but come on, people need help
Don't think Malteser will log in till next year I think she would prefer spend time with her family than going on the forum at the moment

People keep asking me what do i do as a full time mum? They think i always stay at home and get bored. But somehow i never home and always out here and there.

My son only 5 yrs old. But he have busy social life. Play date, tae kwon do 3 times a week, birthday parties, or most weekend just tag along with us to peoples house.

Doha do have this football class, drama school as Mellie said, and for younger kids there are always mother and baby group everywhere around Doha.

Ratih one of the member on this board also giving piano lesson for young kids.

There is a doha news letter for mum call Mums The Words... It is lists with all sorts happening in Doha for families and children.

I will PM you the copy of Mums The Word.

Let me know if you need to know anything else
Old Dec 18th 2006, 4:14 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by novita77
Don't think Malteser will log in till next year I think she would prefer spend time with her family than going on the forum at the moment

People keep asking me what do i do as a full time mum? They think i always stay at home and get bored. But somehow i never home and always out here and there.

My son only 5 yrs old. But he have busy social life. Play date, tae kwon do 3 times a week, birthday parties, or most weekend just tag along with us to peoples house.

Doha do have this football class, drama school as Mellie said, and for younger kids there are always mother and baby group everywhere around Doha.

Ratih one of the member on this board also giving piano lesson for young kids.

There is a doha news letter for mum call Mums The Words... It is lists with all sorts happening in Doha for families and children.

I will PM you the copy of Mums The Word.

Let me know if you need to know anything else

So the mums are happy.

Forgot that Malteser was away.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 5:16 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
So the mums are happy.

Forgot that Malteser was away.
yeah left on the 16th
Old Dec 18th 2006, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond reputeRascal has a reputation beyond repute

Hello guys, yeh was hoping to catch Malt in Malta! Lol Depends on when she fly's back to Doha and when we leave for Malta. Bet we cross airships in the night again!
Tari is also away in India too, but no doubt she can also tell ya the places to be/go etc in Doha when she logs back on here.
Meanwhile, MERRY XMAS to you all and a HAPPY NEW YEAR.