Dubai Traffic ?

Old Jan 31st 2005, 5:41 pm
Just Joined

Walkebab is on a distinguished road
Default Dubai Traffic ?

Hi all. I have heard that the traffic in Dubai is pretty bad. Can anyone give an idea of how long it is likely to take each day if you lived in Jumeira, to drive to the Industrial area at Jebel Ali and back for normal work hours ? Is that a particularly bad stretch of road, or are the traffic issues typically in the heart of Dubai ?

Thanks heaps.

Old Jan 31st 2005, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

smartd is a jewel in the roughsmartd is a jewel in the roughsmartd is a jewel in the roughsmartd is a jewel in the roughsmartd is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Dubai Traffic ?

Jumeriah is actually closer to the jebal ali area then ppl that leave the other side of the bridge (deira)

so i would say during rush hour maybe 30min + but usually shouldnt be more then 10-20min

Cheers,

D
Old Jan 31st 2005, 9:52 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by smartd
Jumeriah is actually closer to the jebal ali area then ppl that leave the other side of the bridge (deira)

so i would say during rush hour maybe 30min + but usually shouldnt be more then 10-20min

Cheers,

D
Excellent, thanks for that D. I assume it's best to live the same side of the creek, as you work, and you should be okay ? Just I heard traffic in general is a real problem... :scared:
Old Jan 31st 2005, 11:32 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Walkebab
Hi all. I have heard that the traffic in Dubai is pretty bad. Can anyone give an idea of how long it is likely to take each day if you lived in Jumeira, to drive to the Industrial area at Jebel Ali and back for normal work hours ? Is that a particularly bad stretch of road, or are the traffic issues typically in the heart of Dubai ?

Thanks heaps.

traffic in Dubai is TERRIBLE!!!!!!!! If u live in Jumeirah and u r driving down to Jebel Ali, u r looking at a 20-40 minute commute during the AM's depending on the traffic............ getting back is another issue............ getting back after 4:30 or 5 in the evening is DEADLY............. anywhere between 30-60 mins depending on traffic and accidents.

Driving in Dubai is an acquired skill and u have to learn to deal with it. Its very, very scary! :scared:

I have already lost one car and I have been driving for 4 years! :scared::scared::scared:

Thankfully I now have a nice, shiny, new black car.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 6:11 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smartd

Cheers,

D

I agree with smartd 10-20mins

My hubby drives from the Meadows to Jebel Ali Ports and FZ around 7am and returns around 5pm....it takes max 30-40 mins...and we are well into the Meadows. The longer you can stay on SZR the better as Al Wasl the the Beach Road can get chocked up by traffic lights.

Hope this helps
Old Feb 1st 2005, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

Thank you all. Brilliant. Anything between 10-20-40 mins is no problem for me. I used to work in Bangkok, and we often took 2-3 hrs to cover 10km... as long as it isn't as bad as that, I'll be fine...
Old Feb 1st 2005, 7:36 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Walkebab
Thank you all. Brilliant. Anything between 10-20-40 mins is no problem for me. I used to work in Bangkok, and we often took 2-3 hrs to cover 10km... as long as it isn't as bad as that, I'll be fine...
Well its not that bad.......... well if u want to get to the global village at the mo, u cud well spend that amount of time on the commute.

Just remeber.......... the driving rule book goes out the window in Dubai!:scared:

And a very imprtant rule.............. Pedestrians DO NOT have the right of way. hahahaha....... this isnt my rule, y its good to know if ur a pedestrian......... they will run u over without the blink of an eye.

I ALWAYS let pedestrians cross, but most are 2 scared 2 incase I change my mind as ALL drivers in Dubai do. :scared:
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 4:26 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Face81
Well its not that bad.......... well if u want to get to the global village at the mo, u cud well spend that amount of time on the commute.

Just remeber.......... the driving rule book goes out the window in Dubai!:scared:

And a very imprtant rule.............. Pedestrians DO NOT have the right of way. hahahaha....... this isnt my rule, y its good to know if ur a pedestrian......... they will run u over without the blink of an eye.

I ALWAYS let pedestrians cross, but most are 2 scared 2 incase I change my mind as ALL drivers in Dubai do. :scared:

Ahhh Face you are too kind

Hey Face you have the same car as the one that hit me on SZR....only just realised!!!!!!
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Originally Posted by Face81

I do that too! But it takes a lot of hand signals for them to get it. I love letting trucks through too, poor buggers and enjoy the beeping behind me even more.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 10:41 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

Live at the marina, easy on/easy off SZR, pretty much next to the port and free zone.

I kiteboard at a beach PAST the freezone towards abu dhabi, and i've left my apartment (in the marina) at all hours of the day and have never taken more than 15 minutes to get to the beach, which is about 5-7 minutes past the last exit for the freezone.

If you live in one of the McVilla communities across the way you will have to deal with IC 5 in the mornings, or you can take road '44' which basically goes right into the JAFZ after driving about 5-10 minutes.

If you live in Jumeira 1,2,3 you will be slowed a little by beach road, but that is only due to lights and not traffic, i have never been in terrible traffic on beach road unless there was an accident.

On another note, i was very surprised the last few days when i attended a seminar at the Al Bustan Rotana in Garhoud, Door to Meeting room from my apartment only took about 20 minutes, i didn't experience any traffic until slowing a bit at the Garhoud bridge, and it was the same consistency 3 days in a row, is this normal, or were these light traffic days for some reason?

Then again, it only takes me 30-35 minutes to get to the SHJ airport from the marina, so i guess the slower speed does affect the commute into the the 'much closer' DXB airport area.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

DubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TA5
Live at the marina, easy on/easy off SZR, pretty much next to the port and free zone.

I kiteboard at a beach PAST the freezone towards abu dhabi, and i've left my apartment (in the marina) at all hours of the day and have never taken more than 15 minutes to get to the beach, which is about 5-7 minutes past the last exit for the freezone.

If you live in one of the McVilla communities across the way you will have to deal with IC 5 in the mornings, or you can take road '44' which basically goes right into the JAFZ after driving about 5-10 minutes.

If you live in Jumeira 1,2,3 you will be slowed a little by beach road, but that is only due to lights and not traffic, i have never been in terrible traffic on beach road unless there was an accident.

On another note, i was very surprised the last few days when i attended a seminar at the Al Bustan Rotana in Garhoud, Door to Meeting room from my apartment only took about 20 minutes, i didn't experience any traffic until slowing a bit at the Garhoud bridge, and it was the same consistency 3 days in a row, is this normal, or were these light traffic days for some reason?

Then again, it only takes me 30-35 minutes to get to the SHJ airport from the marina, so i guess the slower speed does affect the commute into the the 'much closer' DXB airport area.

And what do you mean by McVilla exactly, pray telll??
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 11:00 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DubaiExpat
And what do you mean by McVilla exactly, pray telll??

I guess you could relate it to 'concrete schoolyard'

Basically, cheaply built, bland, poorly planned communities which focus on density over creature comforts. Kind of like the big mac of homes.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 11:20 am
Banned

Originally Posted by TA5
I guess you could relate it to 'concrete schoolyard'

Basically, cheaply built, bland, poorly planned communities which focus on density over creature comforts. Kind of like the big mac of homes.

...and you don't live in a concrete jungle???

THE SUBJECT IS TRAFFIC BY THE WAY
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

DubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jellybean
...and you don't live in a concrete jungle???

THE SUBJECT IS TRAFFIC BY THE WAY
So much for TA5 aka "holier-than-thou" practising what he preached
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 12:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

johnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nicejohnbuoy is just really nice

I was stuck on the M25 this morning and no Schroder or Tanya!!!

Sign of the times "I chose Radio 2!!"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.