Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai Tennis Championships

Dubai Tennis Championships

Old Feb 20th 2005, 4:23 pm
Just Incredible

karenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Dubai Tennis Championships

Originally Posted by Face81
u 2 better be sure to wrap up warm for the evening matches....... it gets very, very cold in the stands with all that wind blowing around the stadium. Trust me.... u will freeze if u arent prepared for that sort of cold.........

oh and KB........ i hear there is rain forecast for u lot next week.

keep us all up2date on the matches

oh and match schedules can usually be found in the sports section in the GN or KT.
Thanks Face for your neverending advice

Its already freezing in the evenings. My daughter has horseriding lessons at 7.45pm twice a week and I shiver as I sit at the stables. I have started taking a flask of coffee with me.

There had better not be rain here next week I don't want them to stop play for the rain and sit there under umbrellas. I hope you are pulling my leg on this????

I will make an exception and buy the GN or KT if it has schedules in them. Don't you remember our other conversation???? I told you I didn't buy those newspapers because they were boring and too big to comfortably read.

Thanks again for the tip. I will let you know how we get on. Will you be able to see any of the matches broadcast on UK TV??
Old Feb 20th 2005, 4:50 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Dubai Tennis Championships

Originally Posted by karenb2
Thanks Face for your neverending advice

Its already freezing in the evenings. My daughter has horseriding lessons at 7.45pm twice a week and I shiver as I sit at the stables. I have started taking a flask of coffee with me.

There had better not be rain here next week I don't want them to stop play for the rain and sit there under umbrellas. I hope you are pulling my leg on this????

I will make an exception and buy the GN or KT if it has schedules in them. Don't you remember our other conversation???? I told you I didn't buy those newspapers because they were boring and too big to comfortably read.

Thanks again for the tip. I will let you know how we get on. Will you be able to see any of the matches broadcast on UK TV??
I have to offer my advice...... dont want the cold to ruin a good evening of tennis. And I am not joking bout the rain..... tos forecast for the middle - end of next week..... so be warned. LOL

The reason I mentioned GN and KT was because I knew u didnt buy them. heh heh...... I do know for a fact that they have the tennis schedules in them in the sports section.... go for GN.

Coffee, hot chocolate and warm sarnies will make it a fun day at the stadium.

Sadly I wont be able to watch the mates unless I head on over to a mates place which isnt too bad of an idea... LOL we will c how it goes.

Dont get too cold at the stadium.
Old Feb 21st 2005, 9:14 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

All the tennis info u need....... found this on the GN website and thought that some of u might be interested in the match fixtures and timings, etc. Enjoy.

http://www.gulfnews.com/news/2005/0221/DubaiTennis.asp
Old Feb 21st 2005, 10:41 am
Just Incredible

karenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant futurekarenb2 has a brilliant future

All the tennis info u need....... found this on the GN website and thought that some of u might be interested in the match fixtures and timings, etc. Enjoy.

http://www.gulfnews.com/news/2005/0221/DubaiTennis.asp
Thanks Face,

I bought a GN today as you suggested and there is a large advertisement giving details of today's games. As Tim Henman match not listed I contacted the ''hotline'' telephone number to see if they could tell me when he was playing and if it is tomorrow, at what time.

As expected, they can't tell me. They don't know. Come on, of course they must know who is playing in the first round and when its likely to be. She told me to ring again in the morning or check out the newspapers / website.

I want to know today and then I can plan tomorrow. If its in the afternoon then I need to sort out the children from school.

Will call them again later to see if they have an update. Think they should publish match times at least 24 hours in advance.
Old Feb 21st 2005, 11:10 am
The Oracle

Thanks Face,

I bought a GN today as you suggested and there is a large advertisement giving details of today's games. As Tim Henman match not listed I contacted the ''hotline'' telephone number to see if they could tell me when he was playing and if it is tomorrow, at what time.

As expected, they can't tell me. They don't know. Come on, of course they must know who is playing in the first round and when its likely to be. She told me to ring again in the morning or check out the newspapers / website.

I want to know today and then I can plan tomorrow. If its in the afternoon then I need to sort out the children from school.

Will call them again later to see if they have an update. Think they should publish match times at least 24 hours in advance.
dont think they can tell u prolly cos he is a wild card entry, which means he skips a round or something...... so his opponent has to be decided thru a match and that match is probably yet to be played. Thats the only reason I can think of.

Other than that, is that link of no use?
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 4:52 am
Just Incredible

dont think they can tell u prolly cos he is a wild card entry, which means he skips a round or something...... so his opponent has to be decided thru a match and that match is probably yet to be played. Thats the only reason I can think of.

Other than that, is that link of no use?
Face,

Found out that the Henman match is on this evening at 7pm. (well there is a match between Nicolas Kiefer v Marat Safin beforehand and then the big Brit match.)

To my shock, horror, I only realised last night that I have to go to school this evening for a GCSE information evening starting at 7pm. I am gutted. I so wanted to watch the Henman/Rusedski match live.

Do you know what TV station is broadcasting the matches so at least I can watch it somewhere??????? Help anyone?????????
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 7:02 am
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Face,

Found out that the Henman match is on this evening at 7pm. (well there is a match between Nicolas Kiefer v Marat Safin beforehand and then the big Brit match.)

To my shock, horror, I only realised last night that I have to go to school this evening for a GCSE information evening starting at 7pm. I am gutted. I so wanted to watch the Henman/Rusedski match live.

Do you know what TV station is broadcasting the matches so at least I can watch it somewhere??????? Help anyone?????????

Agassi match was on ADSC (arabic commentary though)
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 7:12 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Go to :
http://213.132.75.120/client/aces/
for a free ticket to the first day of the ladies matches
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 8:03 am
The Oracle

Face,

The Dubai Sports Channel, perhaps......... if u have e-vision, skim thru channels 1-10 and try ur luck.
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 5:49 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

My parents are here this week and i put them in the Burj Al Arab, when i was picking them up yesterday to go to the kiteboarding beach we saw Andy Roddick, Marat Safin, and a couple of other players pull up and walk in...my mom is a big tennis fan and was pretty stoked to ride the elevator with safin and his girlfriend.

This also explains why there was a helicopter circling around the helipad but never landing yesterday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/ten...ory?id=1997537
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 6:08 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TA5
My parents are here this week and i put them in the Burj Al Arab, when i was picking them up yesterday to go to the kiteboarding beach we saw Andy Roddick, Marat Safin, and a couple of other players pull up and walk in...my mom is a big tennis fan and was pretty stoked to ride the elevator with safin and his girlfriend.

This also explains why there was a helicopter circling around the helipad but never landing yesterday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/ten...ory?id=1997537

There's no room for them in McMarina then?
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 6:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jellybean
There's no room for them in McMarina then?
Couldn't squeeze them into the maid's room could he!? McMarina ain't posh enough!
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 7:07 am
The Delivery Man...

Nabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Palm Tree
Couldn't squeeze them into the maid's room could he!? McMarina ain't posh enough!
My room is bigger than the living room in some of the new projects like the McMarina
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Originally Posted by Nabs
My room is bigger than the living room in some of the new projects like the McMarina
You are not going to get all snoby on us, are you?
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 7:13 am
The Delivery Man...

Nabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Palm Tree
You are not going to get all snoby on us, are you?
lol

No way! me snoby? never

I was stating a fact, I personally would never live in an appartment or house with small rooms or low ceilings!! I just can't, I would suffocate :scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.