Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai Temp Driving Licence - anyone applied for one before?

Dubai Temp Driving Licence - anyone applied for one before?

Old Mar 4th 2008, 5:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of
Default Re: Dubai Temp Driving Licence - anyone applied for one before?

Another point to note is that I was told the Emirate issuing the full driving licence must be the same as the one that issued the Residence Permit.

Although I live and work in Dubai, my company put me through the Sharjah office, and my RP was issued from there. So my temporary Dubai licence was no good for a quick and easy transfer to a full licence. I had to go through the whole process again to get a full Sharjah driving licence. :curse:

The licences from the different Emirates, however, are valid throughout the UAE.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 8:14 am
Just Joined

mercian4957 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dubai Temp Driving Licence - anyone applied for one before?

My better half got her (second) temporary licence in December 2007, only the UK licence was required (with passport copy of course!)