Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Is Dubai a racist City???

Is Dubai a racist City???

Old Feb 2nd 2005, 1:13 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Dubai a racist City???

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Im off now.
c u all 2morrow
Bye and thanks for the K by the way, can't return at the mo. Will when I can FD
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 1:19 pm
Banned

Balushi_Boy will become famous soon enoughBalushi_Boy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
And I COMMAND you to karma me before you get banned again you little turd

how come you ppl dont get banned?
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

Anya4Dubai will become famous soon enoughAnya4Dubai will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Balushi_Boy
Mr No Mr, let me tell you, all the people that come here are coming on their own wish and will.
Second, in india or in pakintan or whereever, should i tell you how they are treated? in india they whip labourers into work!
Are you saying that because they come here on 'their own wish and will' and they 'get whipped in india' it is okay to treat them the same here?? And you call yourself modern?

The poor come here, hoping to escape poverty. They are treated worse here. They sell everything to just be able to afford an air ticket to the middle east. Here they are exploited badly. And their employer gets away with it because they have 'vaasta' ('connections') and money. Unfortunately majority of their employers are not just locals (though a vast majority are)- they include Indians and others non western nationalities. Why do you think housemaids prefer to work for Western Expatriates? Becasue they treat them like human beings.

In what way is this place modern? Fancy high-rises, affluence among a few and having plenty of money does NOT make a country or it's people modern. Your Middle Eastern hospitality it would seem is only for the rich/well healed. I think this place discriminates against the poor more than it discriminates against a particular race.

All said and done, I can honestly say that I like this place because of the money and the comfortable lifestyle it offers me currently. The day even one of them is gone, I take the first flight back home. I am sure this applies to most expatriates. And believe me, the day you don't have any expats working or living here you are finished.

Meanwhile I try as best as I can to help some poor people who are exploited Only wish we could all do more for these people .
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 1:27 pm
Banned

Balushi_Boy will become famous soon enoughBalushi_Boy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Anya4Dubai
Are you saying that because they come here on 'their own wish and will' and they 'get whipped in india' it is okay to treat them the same here?? And you call yourself modern?

The poor come here, hoping to escape poverty. They are treated worse here. They sell everything to just be able to afford an air ticket to the middle east. Here they are exploited badly. And their employer gets away with it because they have 'vaasta' ('connections') and money. Unfortunately majority of their employers are not just locals (though a vast majority are)- they include Indians and others non western nationalities. Why do you think housemaids prefer to work for Western Expatriates? Becasue they treat them like human beings.

In what way is this place modern? Fancy high-rises, affluence among a few and having plenty of money does NOT make a country or it's people modern. Your Middle Eastern hospitality it would seem is only for the rich/well healed. I think this place discriminates against the poor more than it discriminates against a particular race.

All said and done, I can honestly say that I like this place because of the money and the comfortable lifestyle it offers me currently. The day even one of them is gone, I take the first flight back home. I am sure this applies to most expatriates. And believe me, the day you don't have any expats working or living here you are finished.

Meanwhile I try as best as I can to help some poor people who are exploited Only wish we could all do more for these people .

Ok Fine,then why dont you British people be better than us and provide them with their basic necessaities since we are monsters.

What do you say?
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 1:28 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Why ?????????????????
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 1:32 pm
Sat on the fence ......

Rumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond repute

Ok Fine,then why dont you British people be better than us and provide them with their basic necessaities since we are monsters.

What do you say?
Because we aren't pricks like you!
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 1:35 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Rumble Tumble
Because we aren't pricks like you!

to provide work and food to someone is it being a prick? is this is how it is in your region? NOW I UNDERSTAND THE WHOLE ISSUE.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 1:36 pm

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute

The whole push to Modernise and develop Dubai is in anticipation of a future time when the oil runs out. Dubai currently needs foreign nationals of all abilities to build the infrastructure, and to develop the businesses etc it will need to survive.

to suggest that there is an altruistic element towards foreigners apart from this need, and the need to bring in foreign currency is delusional.

The poor workers from across the globe provide the labour, and the more westernised workers, many of you and your partners amongst them, are there to provide the technical help. Your children will never be citizens even if they are born there, and you have no real rights and privilages. You might have a good lifestyle on the surface with maids, nannies etc, but its all an illusion that will end sooner or later.

Make hay whilst the sun shines, but don't expect any more from Dubai.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 1:41 pm
Sat on the fence ......

Rumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond repute

to provide work and food to someone is it being a prick? is this is how it is in your region? NOW I UNDERSTAND THE WHOLE ISSUE.
No you mis-understand WE DON'T GET BANNED because we aren't pricks like you. Have a drink you may become a nicer person
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TA5
as usual, 5 posts that have NOTHING to do with the TOPIC, basically why this place is so useless
**** off TA5 - a question was asked so I answered it.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 1:42 pm
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LakesLassie
**** off TA5 - a question was asked so I answered it.

Never ever mince your worms again LL
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 1:44 pm
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Covenant
The whole push to Modernise and develop Dubai is in anticipation of a future time when the oil runs out. Dubai currently needs foreign nationals of all abilities to build the infrastructure, and to develop the businesses etc it will need to survive.

to suggest that there is an altruistic element towards foreigners apart from this need, and the need to bring in foreign currency is delusional.

The poor workers from across the globe provide the labour, and the more westernised workers, many of you and your partners amongst them, are there to provide the technical help. Your children will never be citizens even if they are born there, and you have no real rights and privilages. You might have a good lifestyle on the surface with maids, nannies etc, but its all an illusion that will end sooner or later.

Make hay whilst the sun shines, but don't expect any more from Dubai.
By that time hopefully we would have taken enough of 'em to go get a life Kids will be well educated, mortgage will be paid...is that making hay??
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold

Well said Anya.
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 1:46 pm
Failed Expat ;-)

NJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNJ_Dave has a reputation beyond repute

You know the rules Balushi, if you get banned and then register again without a good excuse, then you get banned again. Nobody else on this forum has done that so far so why should they get banned?
Old Feb 2nd 2005, 1:47 pm

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jellybean
By that time hopefully we would have taken enough of 'em to go get a life Kids will be well educated, mortgage will be paid...is that making hay??
thats the best atitude to have. Just amazes me that there are expectations that somehow, the people of Dubai will change, and somehow show how grateful they are for the help....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.