Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai Property Crash

Dubai Property Crash

Old Mar 14th 2009, 1:02 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dubai Property Crash

http://www.dubaipropertycrash.com/wp...und-predicted/

read this it's very good, I love this comment at the side of the page

LOOKING FOR A JOB IN DUBAI?......... Don't make us laugh!
If you think just searching on google for ‘Dubai jobs’ and then submitting your details to the crummy job agencies who farm for CVs will get you into the five-star tax-free haven of Dubai, forget it....

What makes you special? Nothing. Don’t waste your time. You need an edge. You need inside knowledge. It’s your only chance of successfully landing a job in Dubai during this global slowdown.

Do you want our inside knowledge? If not, so what - we don’t care. We’ve been there and done it. You probably never will.

For your own sake find out what we know, risk free for 60 days, and get the edge. The details are here.

Old Mar 14th 2009, 1:33 pm
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai Property Crash

"People are loosing jobs all over the world due to the global financial crisis. This is the best time to get a job in Dubai."

.... riiiiight.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 2:27 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

We had a really interesting chat with our landlord - who's a really nice, normal chap with quite a twisted (even British) sense of humour. Anyhow, amid his usual anecdotes of dodgy dealings and tales of woe, he put forward that "they" are predicting a further 30% crash in rentals in Dubai this year, but a 15% increase in AD. Obviously, no concrete sourses, but he's a local... and not overly hopeful.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

If rents come down that much in Dubai, but go up that much in AD I would expect to see a bit of a levelling out- people will live in Green Community/Dubai Marina/JLT and just commute to work in AD. That will tend to equalise the rents in both places. They are too close together to have such a huge difference.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 4:13 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Border Reiver
If rents come down that much in Dubai, but go up that much in AD I would expect to see a bit of a levelling out- people will live in Green Community/Dubai Marina/JLT and just commute to work in AD. That will tend to equalise the rents in both places. They are too close together to have such a huge difference.
I agree, DH says he has heard of alot of people who are planning on moving out of AD.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 4:19 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I agree, DH says he has heard of alot of people who are planning on moving out of AD.
No, no, no. Last thing we need is all those low class Abu Dhabiites coming to Dubia, would really bring the neighbourhood down. Keep them in their slums where they belong.

I sense the end of an era. Woe, woe is me......
Old Mar 14th 2009, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

bimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Roadking
No, no, no. Last thing we need is all those low class Abu Dhabiites coming to Dubia, would really bring the neighbourhood down. Keep them in their slums where they belong.

I sense the end of an era. Woe, woe is me......

But we have heard that the streets are paved with Gold in Dubai and you can pick up free cars outside the airport?
Old Mar 14th 2009, 4:46 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bimcnorth
But we have heard that the streets are paved with Gold in Dubai and you can pick up free cars outside the airport?
Only if you pay the parking fee....
Old Mar 14th 2009, 5:03 pm