Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

The Dubai Property Collapse Continues...

The Dubai Property Collapse Continues...

Old Nov 27th 2008, 6:25 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Dubai Property Collapse Continues...

Originally Posted by captainflack
I think dxbdude was a bit confused. He reported that he had 'called the bottom' and the Dow has now risen for 3 or 4 sessions in a row.

I did not have the heart to point out that the Dow is in the USA and not Dubai, and that it has almost no direct correlation to the economy of the UAE. And besides, I suspect we will see a few more hairy moments before the Dow really bottoms out.

I had to laugh when dxbdude mentioned AMEINFO as though it was some kind of reliable news source. There is bloke who was co-founder and a frequent columnist called Peter J Cooper who is an absolute hoot.

http://arabianmoney.net/

Honestly the guy has been relentlessly denying even the remotest possibility of a crash in Dubai for the last 3 years. This is my all time fave, and it's a long list of cluelessness:

http://arabianmoney.net/2008/11/12/u...om-buy-villas/

Buy villas! Please. Please. Please buy my villa. Pretty please.

And then 8 days later:

http://arabianmoney.net/2008/11/20/s...-realty-crash/

"When Dubai’s biggest mortgage lender Amlak Finance announced yesterday that it had suspended all new home loans, it is time to acknowledge what is quite obvious to any observer: the Dubai property boom has crashed. There are no sales, except at very distressed prices, and new project launches have flopped completely this autumn."

No sh1t sherlock! You could not see it a week ago?

He removes all negative comments from his blog too. He obviously subscribes to the UAE version of freedom of the press in which you are free to post absolutely anything you like that agrees with the official line.
I have sussed out dbxdude.... Having read the P J Cooper blog, dude either plagiarised the blog or, even more worrying, HE IS ACTUALLY P J Cooper.....
Old Nov 27th 2008, 7:12 am
Just Joined

return of the dbxdude will become famous soon enoughreturn of the dbxdude will become famous soon enough

I got a billion more I got a billion more aliases

I know you will all report me. I know its forbidden to express an opinion against the general consensus. I know if people insult you here and your rude back they will take the time and effort in their small life’s to report you. I know i deserved to get banned but come on admit the paper bag comment was funny -mildly amusing at worst.

MY THOUGHTS ARE CORRECT – ITS NOT A WIND UP – BUY DUBAI AT HALF PRICE OR REGRET IT.

I know that this discussion is a support group for people with low self esteem who have suffered. I know its been hard over the past 5 years, I know you told everyone not to buy Dubai property since 2002 and sat there at work while your colleagues and juniors became millionaires then multimillionaires.

I know its good for you now that prices are descending and finally you don’t look foolish – for a moment in time – I know you hate me for saying there is opportunity and that I put forward an argument you can not rebuff so all you can do is point out spelling mistakes…

Im feel bad for you that the UAE will breeze though this down turn and you will go back to feeling inadequate and foolish as prices rebound and your rents increase.

I tried to impart some advise – it didn’t work – and im glad cause most of you need to leave dubai and go back to Wigan were everything makes sense. . . for you.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 7:17 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

why dbx and not dxb..
Just Joined

return of the dbxdude will become famous soon enoughreturn of the dbxdude will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
I have sussed out dbxdude.... Having read the P J Cooper blog, dude either plagiarised the blog or, even more worrying, HE IS ACTUALLY P J Cooper.....
Its not me.....

There are no sales any ware – in the world- its not a UAE thing. Everything is relative. This is one of the few places where GDP and population is actually growing – even if its at a slower rate because of a global financial crisis…. Take advantage of the cheap prices while they last – simple really….
Viva la revolucion..

zamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by admon
Lets get back on track..

This thread should contain no talk of:
- what you've done in the past
- who you've slept with
- how many companies you've built/bought/sold
- stuff you can't or are unwilling to provide proof on

In short, let's keep it on property..
"Another rumour circling is that the palm deira is now only going to be partly built - which I suppose is nothing new, seeing as its been scaled back so many times in the last 5 years."
Old Nov 27th 2008, 7:21 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by return of the dbxdude

I know you will all report me. I know its forbidden to express an opinion against the general consensus. I know if people insult you here and your rude back they will take the time and effort in their small life’s to report you. I know i deserved to get banned but come on admit the paper bag comment was funny -mildly amusing at worst.

MY THOUGHTS ARE CORRECT – ITS NOT A WIND UP – BUY DUBAI AT HALF PRICE OR REGRET IT.

I know that this discussion is a support group for people with low self esteem who have suffered. I know its been hard over the past 5 years, I know you told everyone not to buy Dubai property since 2002 and sat there at work while your colleagues and juniors became millionaires then multimillionaires.

I know its good for you now that prices are descending and finally you don’t look foolish – for a moment in time – I know you hate me for saying there is opportunity and that I put forward an argument you can not rebuff so all you can do is point out spelling mistakes…

Im feel bad for you that the UAE will breeze though this down turn and you will go back to feeling inadequate and foolish as prices rebound and your rents increase.

I tried to impart some advise – it didn’t work – and im glad cause most of you need to leave dubai and go back to Wigan were everything makes sense. . . for you.

breeze through downturn.........
Old Nov 27th 2008, 7:27 am
Just Joined

the first funny thing you posted.... brilliant....
Old Nov 27th 2008, 7:28 am
Just Joined

they still didnt ban me !!!!.... LOL
Old Nov 27th 2008, 7:30 am
Viva la revolucion..

zamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to beholdzamboooka is a splendid one to behold

Dunno the rest - but this I completely agree with.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 7:37 am
Viva la revolucion..

So ever since I moved to Dubai - all I've been hearing is that "its a bubble... it'll crash... all's gonna be fooked" I believe, at that point people WERE talking about Dubai and Dubai only. So now that there's a global economic crises, the same people are like "told you so". My point is, they "told me so" about 6 years ago - and I could've done LOTS more with my investments than I did... for these 6 years... so silly of me to listen to all that crap. Secondly, they talked about the DUBAI market crashing etc. which really didnt seem to be happening.... and suddenly wall street gets fooked..and the entire world feels it.. Dubai, being part of this world, would obviously feel it as well.... Thats what I feel....
In any case, so there's a crises..deal with it... move on man.... ppl who want to invest here will STILL invest.. ppl who have jobs here..will STAY here, irrespective of how messed up they say Dubai and Dubai laws are..... Its highly annoying, people getting banned and cussed and worked up over something like this.. do what you will ppl....

Also, have a quick question.... So, since its all bad in DUBAI.. one should wrap up..and leave....? If so, where to? whats the happening place these days..that'll give returns like Dubai's been giving for quite some time? If one has cash, what does one do with it? Where does one invest it? If you're takin cash outta the UAE property market, what do you do with that cash? Put it in a bank??? keep it under the mattress??? Also, what currency should it be kept in?
SOOO many bright minds on here.. seriously, its absolutely awesome! Everyone trying to enforce THEIR thoughts and ideas on everyone else!!
Old Nov 27th 2008, 7:37 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by zamboooka
Dunno the rest - but this I completely agree with.
so your saying wigan deserves better....
Old Nov 27th 2008, 7:39 am
Viva la revolucion..

quick question - ppl being laid off in Dubai..specifically property market etc. so, that's Dubai's fault..... k cool
ppl getting laid off on wall street..... the united states' fault...
ppl getting laid off anywhere in the world... its that particular country's fault? or its govt???
Im not trying to sound like an ass... although, Im sure I must be sounding like one.. but I seriously dont know that much about all this..so clarification would be great...
Old Nov 27th 2008, 7:41 am
Viva la revolucion..

so your saying wigan deserves better....
Dunno what a wigan is dude!?
Old Nov 27th 2008, 7:42 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

The collapse if it happens fully will effect everybody differently if you can afford your payments & you can ride the storm then you will be fine, people who cant afford the payments are the individuals driving down prices, banks such as hsbc have withdrawn all morgatges at JGE, this is not down to Dubai but the global issue, Dubai does have problems but where doesnt ?
Old Nov 27th 2008, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all

Originally Posted by zamboooka
Dunno what a wigan is dude!?
Wigan is a town in the North of England, not far from Manchester..... i think

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.