Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai Night Club Terror Attack

Dubai Night Club Terror Attack

Old Jun 1st 2008, 6:52 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dubai Night Club Terror Attack

It's Mr.Doom and Gloom here just asking if anyone was at the Serai Night Club at Dubai Marina in the early hours of Saturday morning when some Lebanese guy apparently let off a tear gas cannister causing mayhem and terror, according to this mornings 7Days newspaper. Nothing on Gulf News though. Any idea on possible motives?

Last edited by lionheart; Jun 1st 2008 at 7:03 am.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 6:57 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai Night Club Terror Attack

From the title of the thread I assumed this was about the recent BE 'boys' or 'girls' night out..

I wouldn't class some idiot with a gas cannister as a terror attack..

Whereas half a dozen lobster pink british expats and a few cans of lager..
Old Jun 1st 2008, 7:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by admon
From the title of the thread I assumed this was about the recent BE 'boys' or 'girls' night out..

I think it was a reaction by a lebo to the Girls Night out!
what did rachatron do to the poor guy to drive him to that?
Old Jun 1st 2008, 7:12 am
Account Closed

Emerald_Eyes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lionheart
It's Mr.Doom and Gloom here just asking if anyone was at the Serai Night Club at Dubai Marina in the early hours of Saturday morning when some Lebanese guy apparently let off a tear gas cannister causing mayhem and terror, according to this mornings 7Days newspaper. Nothing on Gulf News though. Any idea on possible motives?
It's in the Khaleej Times too. I'm glad I wasn't there, tear gas can have some very nasty effects. This is fairly tame, but I know someone who works in the international hotel risk industry and they warn me about potential attacks on hotels and specifically night clubs here in Dubai every now and again. Unfortunately the UAE is known for its bad health and safety, not to mention extremely poor security standards so if something happens it could be fairly disastrous.

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayA...section=theuae
Old Jun 1st 2008, 7:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

the security there is a joke, they cop a quick feel of your handbag and that's it...

it's an arab club, so wonder what the guy's gripe was...?

MM, xx
Old Jun 1st 2008, 7:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emerald_Eyes
It's in the Khaleej Times too. I'm glad I wasn't there, tear gas can have some very nasty effects. This is fairly tame, but I know someone who works in the international hotel risk industry and they warn me about potential attacks on hotels and specifically night clubs here in Dubai every now and again. Unfortunately the UAE is known for its bad health and safety, not to mention extremely poor security standards so if something happens it could be fairly disastrous.

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayA...section=theuae
suffered the ill effects of tear gas on 3 occasions living in France. Arrived during the big strike of 1995 and then we had some Artisans group demonstrating in the street outside our office.

The police there love their tear gas grenades. One landed on the balcony above our office and one of the French muppets I worked with opened the window to have a look, consequently filling the office with tear gas. What a twunt!

Its not nice stuff.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 7:19 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
the security there is a joke, they cop a quick feel of your handbag and that's it...

it's an arab club, so wonder what the guy's gripe was...?

MM, xx
Bizarre that he did it in the early hours of saturday morning as well? I wouldn't have thought that would have maximum impact...
Old Jun 1st 2008, 7:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

well its the last time that guy will order the Tear-Gas flavoured Shisha!
Old Jun 1st 2008, 7:31 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by admon

or 'terror' - I mean come on, I'm sure it wasn't nice but its not exactly 'terrifying' is it?
Old Jun 1st 2008, 7:35 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Spugsy
or 'terror' - I mean come on, I'm sure it wasn't nice but its not exactly 'terrifying' is it?
I wouldn't class it as a terror attack although I imagine it's pretty scary when you're in a dark night club and it starts to fill up with smoke that makes you vomit and can also give you temporary blindness - nice!
Old Jun 1st 2008, 7:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

if someone lets off an unkown noxious gas in a crowded nightclub I think terror is the right word. I'm sure a great number of people in there would have been terrified.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 7:37 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
if someone lets off an unkown noxious gas in a crowded nightclub I think terror is the right word. I'm sure a great number of peopl ein there would have been terrified.
I agree with you Inse!
Old Jun 1st 2008, 7:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

if someone lets off an unkown noxious gas in a crowded nightclub I think terror is the right word. I'm sure a great number of people in there would have been terrified.
you're right...i would have been, for sure...

MM, xx
Old Jun 1st 2008, 7:55 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

puffs
Old Jun 1st 2008, 8:11 am

ScotsExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

puffs
Christ, half the lassies perfumes make my eyes water and produce an involuntary gag reflex.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.