Reload this Page >

Dubai and my litle Dog

Dubai and my litle Dog

Old Oct 5th 2004, 11:19 am
Evil petting zoo owner

gingermartin is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Dubai and my litle Dog

Hi all,

I'm moving to Canada in 2 years time but am thinking of working in Dubai for maybe a year in the meantime.

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to bring my dog along. Also what the attitude to dogs. I don't mean "do they eat them" but is it acceptable to walk them around etc etc.

I'm also in the IT industry (hay isn't everyone these days). Can anyone recommend a good UK agent for contract work.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Martin
Old Oct 5th 2004, 12:03 pm
Simply Brilliant

Cherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really nice
Default Re: Dubai and my litle Dog

Originally Posted by gingermartin
Hi all,

I'm moving to Canada in 2 years time but am thinking of working in Dubai for maybe a year in the meantime.

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to bring my dog along. Also what the attitude to dogs. I don't mean "do they eat them" but is it acceptable to walk them around etc etc.

I'm also in the IT industry (hay isn't everyone these days). Can anyone recommend a good UK agent for contract work.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Martin
Yes, you can take your dog. Dubai's not a very dog-friendly place in all honesty, but loads of expats have them and walking them is not a problem, though it'll need to acclimatise. Check with your vet for the neccessary documents, vaccines and regulations. Shipping is quite straightforward and there are no quarantine laws.
Old Oct 5th 2004, 1:15 pm
Evil petting zoo owner

gingermartin is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your help,

The no quarantine thing is great news. I may even pursuade my wife yet to give Dubai a go.

Anyone else taken a dog out there ?

Martin
Old Oct 5th 2004, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

MCA27 will become famous soon enoughMCA27 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by gingermartin
Thanks for your help,

The no quarantine thing is great news. I may even pursuade my wife yet to give Dubai a go.

Anyone else taken a dog out there ?

Martin
I take it your wife doesn't read this board or you might be in the doghouse......
Old Oct 5th 2004, 2:46 pm
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

I think it is unfair to the dog myself with the heat and the guys who I have a dog in the building where I am (ok will be in about 3 weeks) have sid that it has put a lot of weight on. I guess it depends as to if you will be out in the Greens or in the main town in the blocks down the SZR as to if it has a better life.

Personally I would not. You cn alsso find a replacement dog at Cyclone...

If you take the dog from UAE to the UK if you do anything in the UK then it WILL be in 6 months quarantine.

Also if ur little dog does not have a name disk then say bye bye. Stray dogs are shot.

Contact Dubai Municipality Vet Section to get the tag disk. number is 289 1114
Old Oct 5th 2004, 4:44 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
I think it is unfair to the dog myself with the heat and the guys who I have a dog in the building where I am (ok will be in about 3 weeks) have sid that it has put a lot of weight on. I guess it depends as to if you will be out in the Greens or in the main town in the blocks down the SZR as to if it has a better life.

Personally I would not. You cn alsso find a replacement dog at Cyclone...

If you take the dog from UAE to the UK if you do anything in the UK then it WILL be in 6 months quarantine.

Also if ur little dog does not have a name disk then say bye bye. Stray dogs are shot.

Contact Dubai Municipality Vet Section to get the tag disk. number is 289 1114

WHAT?!!!!!!!! Dont be leading people astray like that Joe Replacement dogs can not only be found at the Cyclone, but at K9 friends too!lol

-Face81
Old Oct 5th 2004, 4:58 pm
Simply Brilliant

Cherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really nice

Originally Posted by Face81
WHAT?!!!!!!!! Dont be leading people astray like that Joe Replacement dogs can not only be found at the Cyclone, but at K9 friends too!lol

-Face81
What is he on about? What's the Cyclone? sounds like a bar to me. I've already told Joseph about not posting when he's pissed

Also, most people have emotional attachments to their pets, Joe, they're not able to replace them just like that

And, I think Ginger's off to Canada afterwards, so may not have to worry about UK quarantine laws...unless Canada's are the same...which'll be a bugger
Old Oct 5th 2004, 5:02 pm

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

-Face81
Bless him, he's still learning I think! As are most of us.... Shot! They never shoot stray dogs here do they? I womdered why the curry from across the road is always tough!! Sorry that was kindda sick.
Old Oct 5th 2004, 5:04 pm
Simply Brilliant

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
Bless him, he's still learning I think! As are most of us.... Shot! They never shoot stray dogs here do they? I womdered why the curry from across the road is always tough!! Sorry that was kindda sick.
Eeeew! That's in China :scared: I think they do eliminate strays though
Old Oct 5th 2004, 5:08 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

LOL.....I dunno if he was pissed whilst putting up that post.....hmmmmmmm

About the tough meat in the curry......YUCK!!!!:scared: Thats absolutely revolting. Makes me cringe just thinking about it..eewwwwwwwww......I hope that it wasnt stray dog.

Thats sick......eeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

-Face81
Old Oct 5th 2004, 5:10 pm

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cherrypie
Eeeew! That's in China :scared: I think they do eliminate strays though
Hi Cp. Why as we see more stray cats than dogs, well Ive seen heaps in and out of my garden and have fed a few .... Bad move!
Old Oct 5th 2004, 5:15 pm

LOL.....I dunno if he was pissed whilst putting up that post.....hmmmmmmm

About the tough meat in the curry......YUCK!!!!:scared: Thats absolutely revolting. Makes me cringe just thinking about it..eewwwwwwwww......I hope that it wasnt stray dog.

Thats sick......eeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

-Face81
I said sorry!
Old Oct 5th 2004, 5:23 pm
Simply Brilliant

Hi Cp. Why as we see more stray cats than dogs, well Ive seen heaps in and out of my garden and have fed a few .... Bad move!
Hi Heart (can I call you Heart? or do you prefer Gold? or I could call you HOG... )

Anyway, I digress...they trap the cats too but I think it's a bit harder to actually catch them. They're really skinny too...quite spooky IMO. Thank goodness for Feline and K9 Friends

OK. Gotta go now.

See ya!
Old Oct 5th 2004, 5:26 pm

Hi Heart (can I call you Heart? or do you prefer Gold? or I could call you HOG... )

Anyway, I digress...they trap the cats too but I think it's a bit harder to actually catch them. They're really skinny too...quite spooky IMO. Thank goodness for Feline and K9 Friends

OK. Gotta go now.

See ya!
Hog! Now I do eat for england and not put on an ounce but my nickname is mickey so pls feel free to use it.

See yah
Old Oct 5th 2004, 5:27 pm

OK. Gotta go now.

See ya!
I was under the impression that feline friends give you a trap to catch em, if you can or if they are clever enough to enter a trap...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.