Dubai Metro

Old Sep 24th 2008, 3:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Dubai Metro

Just saw the pictures in the GN and station looks fab! Have got a station 2 min from my house!!
Old Sep 24th 2008, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Dubai Metro

Originally Posted by IndieG
Just saw the pictures in the GN and station looks fab! Have got a station 2 min from my house!!
A lot of people have ......sadly most will be too bone idle to make the effort.

I'm gonna start off the 'debate' again...just cos i can really. IMO Its gonna be a success.........
Old Sep 24th 2008, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

Thinkingaboutit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CeeBee

I'm gonna start off the 'debate' again...just cos i can really. IMO Its gonna be a success.........
They will need to introduce personal air conditioning units for the walk to and from the station before I would even consider it.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Thinkingaboutit
They will need to introduce personal air conditioning units for the walk to and from the station before I would even consider it.
And in the winter?

What people forget is that the extreme heat is only for what....3 / 4 months of the year? Mind, it'd still probably be cheaper to use a car.

But, for getting down the other end of town from, say, Marina...it'd be fantastic. especially when not in work hours. It can actually be pretty nice not having to always rely on the car. i used to get the tram into town sometimes back home and it felt good not having to worry about parkin n battling with traffic.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CeeBee
It's not about being bone idle. But, if I have walk in my office attire in the hot sun for even five minutes in May-Oct, then no, I will not do it.

I love walking but not when it's hot and dusty.

Heat - only 3-4 months?? More like 6 months....
Old Sep 25th 2008, 12:14 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Dubai Metro

A subterranean rail system, perspex footpath tunnels with air conditioning and you'd be on your way . I'm suprised though they want to go underground, I'd have thought a maglev or suspended monorail would have been just the ticked.

[small]Well it is Dubai after all.[/small]
Old Sep 25th 2008, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

It's not about being bone idle. But, if I have walk in my office attire in the hot sun for even five minutes in May-Oct, then no, I will not do it.

I love walking but not when it's hot and dusty.

Heat - only 3-4 months?? More like 6 months....
Hmm, i disagree with your 6 months, but then again i'm still new to being over here. Personally, if i couldn't afford a car i'd have started using the metro by now - if it was finished of course.

I must have a car for work, i have no choice...but, if i was working in say, DIFC and i lived in Marina and wasn't on uber wage it'd be a dream. 5 / 10 mins walk to a station at 6.30 / 7.00 am really aint as bad as people think...even in the height of summer.

Last edited by CeeBee; Sep 25th 2008 at 9:28 pm.
Old Sep 26th 2008, 10:21 am
Banned

twisty100 will become famous soon enough

They ripped the station down after the photos were taken, it was just a publicty stunt...

Old Sep 26th 2008, 11:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by twisty100
They ripped the station down after the photos were taken, it was just a publicty stunt...

Yeah, and the train used in the test drive was bought from KidKraft....
Old Sep 26th 2008, 1:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thinkingaboutit
RTA will distribute air conditionned umbrellas for people who buy the yearly package...
Old Sep 27th 2008, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

alexalexa is an unknown quantity at this point

metro? when will it start in dubai?
Old Sep 28th 2008, 3:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by alexalexa
metro? when will it start in dubai?
September 2009.........
Old Sep 28th 2008, 5:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

September 2009.........
Sheik Mo's website has a video of the trial run on the palm...can't recall the web address.
Old Sep 28th 2008, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really nice

...but its not finished on the palm? Unless it was just a test on a section near Atlantis which may be further ahead?
Old Sep 28th 2008, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

Cry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to allCry haddock is a name known to all

To the best of my knowledge, the monorail on the palm is unrelated to (and unconnected to) the main metro.
Just my t'uppence worth for clarity .
CH

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.