Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai Marina dining?

Dubai Marina dining?

Old Feb 25th 2005, 2:37 pm
Princess

Jamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud of
Default Dubai Marina dining?

Need quick advise: what places for eating AND drinking are there in the Dubai Marina?
ANything remotely child friendly? (age 7 & 9, and not mine)

Thanks,
J
Old Feb 25th 2005, 2:40 pm
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai Marina dining?

Originally Posted by Jamila
Need quick advise: what places for eating AND drinking are there in the Dubai Marina?

Thanks,
J

Johnny Rocket....great fun
Old Feb 25th 2005, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Thanks,
J
Hey Jamila, long time no hear! Any place is good, just dump the kids by the water fountain and get them soaking wet!
Old Feb 25th 2005, 5:54 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks,
J
try the rupee room........ gr8 place. leave the kids as baskin robbins while u enjoy a decent meal. LOL
Old Feb 25th 2005, 6:10 pm
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Face81
try the rupee room........ gr8 place. leave the kids as baskin robbins while u enjoy a decent meal. LOL
I am sure there is an oxymoron in there somewhere Face....enjoy yourself, without alcohol and with a 7 & 9 year old
Old Feb 25th 2005, 8:21 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jellybean
I am sure there is an oxymoron in there somewhere Face....enjoy yourself, without alcohol and with a 7 & 9 year old
u cud always chain the wee ones to one of the floating pontoons.
Old Feb 26th 2005, 4:04 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

Jamila, although I haven't eaten at all the restaurants, i have eaten at most and heard good things about the others. Royal Orchid is excellent, and Toscana is good as well (the pizza at least). The food at chadelier (shisha bar) is ok but alot of it is weird (result not related to choice). The seafood restaurant (Blues?) is interesting, you pick fresh seafood from a 'market' in the restaurant and they cook it for you in any of 4 or 5 ways. With kids johnny rockets might be the way to go.

Unfortunately there is no alcohol served at any of the restaurants. I have always been surprised that 'special legislation' was not put in place to allow this, as emaar is part owned by the government, and as the marina is dead center in 'expatland' these places would be much more popular, the only night they seem to get any business is friday. I usually just order room service (delivery) and eat in my apt where i can have a few beers with dinner.
Old Feb 26th 2005, 4:11 am
Banned

Originally Posted by TA5
Jamila, although I haven't eaten at all the restaurants, i have eaten at most and heard good things about the others. Royal Orchid is excellent, and Toscana is good as well (the pizza at least). The food at chadelier (shisha bar) is ok but alot of it is weird (result not related to choice). The seafood restaurant (Blues?) is interesting, you pick fresh seafood from a 'market' in the restaurant and they cook it for you in any of 4 or 5 ways. With kids johnny rockets might be the way to go.

Unfortunately there is no alcohol served at any of the restaurants. I have always been surprised that 'special legislation' was not put in place to allow this, as emaar is part owned by the government, and as the marina is dead center in 'expatland' these places would be much more popular, the only night they seem to get any business is friday. I usually just order room service (delivery) and eat in my apt where i can have a few beers with dinner.

What a load of McCrap TA5

I wouldn't take kids to a bloody shisha bar...fish restaurant even if it is fresh. Kids Jonny Rockets.

Dubai Marina is the dead center of "expatland" wtf are you on about? It's the arse end of nowhere, yeah maybe in a few years but at the moment it is a pinnacle of concrete and little else. PLUS no alcohol I'm afraid no expats
Old Feb 26th 2005, 4:53 am
Trust Your Instincts.....

sassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to behold

I wouldn't take kids to a bloody shisha bar...fish restaurant even if it is fresh. Kids Jonny Rockets.

Dubai Marina is the dead center of "expatland" wtf are you on about? It's the arse end of nowhere, yeah maybe in a few years but at the moment it is a pinnacle of concrete and little else. PLUS no alcohol I'm afraid no expats
Good morning JB... I didnt know there was toscana at the marina but I have heard alcohol will be arriving soon....
Old Feb 26th 2005, 5:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

JB, are you ok? You are only repeating what TA5 was on about.
Old Feb 26th 2005, 5:30 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Palm Tree
JB, are you ok? You are only repeating what TA5 was on about.

Yea, i'm confused too. Pretty much nothing she said made much sense. I never suggested taking kids to a shisha bar, if she could try to read the whole post i specifically wrote 'with kids, johnny rockets might be the way to go'. And in saying 'expatland' i am referring to it, along with the villa communities, being geared towards expat ownership, might i remind you that you are an expat, and where do you live? You need to calm down.

Sassy, alcohol soon? That would really be great. There is already a liquour store there which opened relatively recently, it would be great if you could get a beer at some of those places, they are really quite nice.

Last edited by TA5; Feb 26th 2005 at 5:35 am.
Old Feb 26th 2005, 5:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sassy
Good morning JB... I didnt know there was toscana at the marina but I have heard alcohol will be arriving soon....
Yeah, you would know that wouldn't you? I know how hard Ramadan gets to you.

Next time, when you are in Dubai Marina, just walk a little further than the fountain and you might just spot a few places that you didn't know existed, just like Toscana.LOL. I know, it's hard to keep your eyes off the charming guys there, maybe that's why you can't remember seeing anything else. It seems like a great dating spot for teenagers. I love observing them and just wonder when police will start interfering. :scared:
Old Feb 26th 2005, 9:25 am
Banned

Originally Posted by TA5
Yea, i'm confused too. Pretty much nothing she said made much sense. I never suggested taking kids to a shisha bar, if she could try to read the whole post i specifically wrote 'with kids, johnny rockets might be the way to go'. And in saying 'expatland' i am referring to it, along with the villa communities, being geared towards expat ownership, might i remind you that you are an expat, and where do you live? You need to calm down.

Sassy, alcohol soon? That would really be great. There is already a liquour store there which opened relatively recently, it would be great if you could get a beer at some of those places, they are really quite nice.

Silly I was talking McCrap just like you!!!
Old Feb 26th 2005, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Silly I was talking McCrap just like you!!!
Hehehe. PMSL. Best one so far out of all the Mcshit!
Old Feb 26th 2005, 10:00 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

Originally Posted by Palm Tree
Hehehe. PMSL. Best one so far out of all the Mcshit!

This whole board is mcshit, my post was probably the first informative post in weeks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.