Dubai Marina

Old Aug 21st 2009, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dubai Marina

Might have to move.
Which are the good buildings and which are the ones to avoid?

Would appreciate the knowledge to save wasting time looking at rubbish ones.
Thanks
Old Aug 21st 2009, 7:53 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai Marina

Originally Posted by Jeeper
Might have to move.
Which are the good buildings and which are the ones to avoid?

Would appreciate the knowledge to save wasting time looking at rubbish ones.
Thanks
The central part of the marina is best...as you are close to the beach (4 minutes walk), the Walk - cafes and restaurants (4' walk) pubs: the Dubai Marina Yacht Club (8' walk), Hilton Jumeira Beach hotel - 3 bars (5' walk), Marina Mall (6' walk) and two new hotels (8' and 4' walks) with about 12 new bars/restaurants (e.g., The Adress at Marina Mall - opens Oct 3rd 2009). Plus taxis all the time.

The southern end of the marina is away from facilities and is too close to the oil tank farm and power stations. The northern end (Phase I) has no bars (20' walk) to the nearest (Grosvenor House Hotel).

Suggest having a look at Al Sahab 1&2, The Promenade, Al Majara etc in the central part.

Then there is also the JBR !
Old Aug 21st 2009, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MacScot
The central part of the marina is best...as you are close to the beach (4 minutes walk), the Walk - cafes and restaurants (4' walk) pubs: the Dubai Marina Yacht Club (8' walk), Hilton Jumeira Beach hotel - 3 bars (5' walk), Marina Mall (6' walk) and two new hotels (8' and 4' walks) with about 12 new bars/restaurants (e.g., The Adress at Marina Mall - opens Oct 3rd 2009). Plus taxis all the time.

The southern end of the marina is away from facilities and is too close to the oil tank farm and power stations. The northern end (Phase I) has no bars (20' walk) to the nearest (Grosvenor House Hotel).

Suggest having a look at Al Sahab 1&2, The Promenade, Al Majara etc in the central part.

Then there is also the JBR !
Thanks.
Looks like I will have to work in Abu D soon so looking at that side of town.....but don't want to live in disco gardens.

JBR, Marina, JLT are all options I guess but know nothing about the areas (access to SZR both north and south bound).

Want a 1bed apartment but want a decent sized one....with a balcony (not balconette). I understand some of the more recently contructed buildings have smaller apartment sizes....these are the ones I want to avoid.

Time to leave my beloved international city....she's treated me well.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 8:24 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks.
Looks like I will have to work in Abu D soon so looking at that side of town.....but don't want to live in disco gardens.

JBR, Marina, JLT are all options I guess but know nothing about the areas (access to SZR both north and south bound).

Want a 1bed apartment but want a decent sized one....with a balcony (not balconette). I understand some of the more recently contructed buildings have smaller apartment sizes....these are the ones I want to avoid.

Time to leave my beloved international city....she's treated me well.
Access to SZR is easy via interchange 5a...you're on SZR in a few minutes. Wouldn't fancy the daily trip to AD though, although quite a few people do it !
Old Aug 21st 2009, 11:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Access to SZR is easy via interchange 5a...you're on SZR in a few minutes. Wouldn't fancy the daily trip to AD though, although quite a few people do it !
Don't fancy it either but what to do.
Old Aug 21st 2009, 11:31 am
A bubbly-jock...

Don't fancy it either but what to do.
Have you tried apartment sharing in AD?
Old Aug 21st 2009, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

Purdey is on a distinguished road

Jeeper,

Am in the same boat as you. Currently in JBR 1 bed but LL wants too much to renew. Have looked at at JLT (major construction everywhere), Disco Gdns (too quiet and nothing in walking range) and numerous 1 and 2 beds at JBR. There are big differences in sizes of 1 beds at JBR - some are huge around 1250 sq ft and some as small as 850; mine is around 1000 and is fine.
Marina seems to me to be smaller sizes although I still have to look at some more.
So far, for me JBR is best!
Let me know if you see anything exceptional.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 1:04 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried apartment sharing in AD?
Unless you can find a friend who doesn't need the money and is willing to give you a spare room for a reasonable price you won't find anything decent in Abu Dhabi for flat shares...or you will but you will realise you can easily have your own 1 or 2 bed (and pay monthly) apartment in a reasonable area for the same price as a room in AD these days.

Half the people I know I AD are considering moving to Dubai...myself included. No one came here to give half their salary to a greedy local landlord.

N.
Old Aug 22nd 2009, 1:18 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Yea, the rents here is the capital are bloody rediculous..I just paid 375K for a 5 bed in Karamah...the owner cancelled the contract yesterday prior to signing because he was offered 400K by someone else..

Its a ****ing joke. Lazy arrogant fat local wankers...