Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai Liquor licence

Dubai Liquor licence

Old Mar 4th 2010, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dubai Liquor licence

Has anyone here obtained one whilst on a Abu Dhabi residence visa?

I have the form which has been stmped by my employer etc, but there seems to be some confusion regarding what else I need. Someone mentioned that I need a No Objection Letter from the AD Police, is this right?

If so does anyone have any dea from where this could be gotten. I've asked around at work but got no definitive answer. Calling the police didn't seem to help much either.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

fezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Dubai Liquor licence

Originally Posted by benzonar

I have the form which has been stmped by my employer etc, but there seems to be some confusion regarding what else I need. Someone mentioned that I need a No Objection Letter from the AD Police, is this right?

If so does anyone have any dea from where this could be gotten. I've asked around at work but got no definitive answer. Calling the police didn't seem to help much either.
I've heard rumours about no objection letters from AD too. I guess the best thing to do is attempt to apply for the licence and see what happens. A big stumbling block for the Dubai system is the requirement to have a tenancy agreement in your name. With plenty of people sharing that's caused a few issues. But then again there's always Barracuda....
Old Mar 4th 2010, 11:00 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

The Police authenticate the application once submitted via the retailers (MMI or whoever) but do not provide No Objection Letters as far as I know. You do need a copy Tenancy Ageement and, if its your first licence, you will also need a copy of your employment contract. Your employer also has to sign/stamp the form.

Last edited by lionheart; Mar 4th 2010 at 11:06 am.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

benzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond reputebenzonar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
The Police authenticate the application once submitted via the retailers (MMI or whoever) but do not provide No Objection Letters as far as I know. You do need a copy Tenancy Ageement and, if its your first licence, you will also need a copy of your employment contract. Your employer also has to sign/stamp the form.
How do they authenticate it - I have all the other stuff already.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 11:35 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

How do they authenticate it - I have all the other stuff already.
They need to "authenticate" it in order to claim their fee.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Roadking
They need to "authenticate" it in order to claim their fee.
I would suggest you just go down to the booze shop and ask. I am with MMI. Have a whole load of crap but just supply the stuff suggested, they see it and return it. My flat is in my wife name so she has to give a no objection letter to me having a licence etc. My employer won't sign licence form due to religious problems etc. Just give a salary letter that they do supply and hey presto! Of course this is a renewal after 25 years of being a holder!!

Last edited by Jim Smith; Mar 4th 2010 at 12:03 pm. Reason: Typo!
Old Mar 4th 2010, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Up here in AD, colleague informs me that it is 200 AED per year, and it has to be renewed every year? is that right?
Old Mar 4th 2010, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

fezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of lightfezzer is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Brains1983
Up here in AD, colleague informs me that it is 200 AED per year, and it has to be renewed every year? is that right?
Information here You need to get to Khalifa City A police station with the relevant forms in the morning and they'll turn it around in about an hour.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

spart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud ofspart has much to be proud of

I think one of my guys did this. He had to go Khalifa police and explain what he wanted.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

mysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud of

When I got my DXB lic (with a AD visa) last year I had to:

1. Get form stamped by company (I see you already have)
2. Get 2 copies of photo page, visa page, tennancy contract and work contract
3. Get a letter from your company stating "lives in Dubai, works in Abu Dhabi"
4. Take letter and 1 copy of above pages to Khalifa City cop shop and go to one of the offices near the booze lic counter - someone should be able to point you in the right direction.
5. Wait for appx 30 mins and they produce a letter of no objection for Dubai police - this letter is only valid for 7 days.
6. Take this letter, copy of visa, photo page, work contract and tennancy contract ALONG WITH A PHOTO to the booze shop in DXB along with completed form and they will process it for you.

It cost me roughly 160dh and for that price you got a case of beer, some wine or a bottle of spirits thrown in.
Old Mar 4th 2010, 5:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mysharona
When I got my DXB lic (with a AD visa) last year I had to:

1. Get form stamped by company (I see you already have)
2. Get 2 copies of photo page, visa page, tennancy contract and work contract
3. Get a letter from your company stating "lives in Dubai, works in Abu Dhabi"
4. Take letter and 1 copy of above pages to Khalifa City cop shop and go to one of the offices near the booze lic counter - someone should be able to point you in the right direction.
5. Wait for appx 30 mins and they produce a letter of no objection for Dubai police - this letter is only valid for 7 days.
6. Take this letter, copy of visa, photo page, work contract and tennancy contract ALONG WITH A PHOTO to the booze shop in DXB along with completed form and they will process it for you.

It cost me roughly 160dh and for that price you got a case of beer, some wine or a bottle of spirits thrown in.
Thanks mate. Massive help.
Old Mar 5th 2010, 5:47 am
Just Joined

outonparole is an unknown quantity at this point

What about an embassy letter, stating you are non muslim? Is that still required?