Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai - How to avoid letting agents?

Dubai - How to avoid letting agents?

Old Jul 10th 2010, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

miuser2 is a jewel in the roughmiuser2 is a jewel in the roughmiuser2 is a jewel in the roughmiuser2 is a jewel in the rough
Default Dubai - How to avoid letting agents?

Rude, incompetent, stupid - the kindest words I could find to describe Dubai letting agents. Can people recommend ways to avoid these bottom feeders and their %5 fees? Has anyone managed to negotiate a better % with them? Has anyone ever felt that they got value for money dealing with them? (chortle).
Old Jul 10th 2010, 8:36 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai - How to avoid letting agents?

hmm, yes, I was wondering this as well - is there a way to draw up a tenancy contract privately with a LL, rather than going through an agent?
Old Jul 11th 2010, 5:31 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by miuser2
Rude, incompetent, stupid - the kindest words I could find to describe Dubai letting agents. Can people recommend ways to avoid these bottom feeders and their %5 fees? Has anyone managed to negotiate a better % with them? Has anyone ever felt that they got value for money dealing with them? (chortle).
Letting Agents are scum of the earth in Dubai, IMHO..

How to avoid them? Don't visit Barasti..!!!
Old Jul 11th 2010, 6:31 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Most of the letting agents aren't going to be visiting Barasti....

The bulk of them are Indian/Pakistani and are utterly, completely incompetent. The boom era Western agents at Barasti have long since bailed out of Dubai.

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Letting Agents are scum of the earth in Dubai, IMHO..

How to avoid them? Don't visit Barasti..!!!
Old Jul 11th 2010, 7:05 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
Most of the letting agents aren't going to be visiting Barasti....

The bulk of them are Indian/Pakistani and are utterly, completely incompetent. The boom era Western agents at Barasti have long since bailed out of Dubai.
Shows you the last time I visited Bar-Nasty then, doesnt it....lol
Old Jul 11th 2010, 7:20 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was there last night for a quick drink. It ain't half bad this time of the year. Like most of Dubai this summer it was nearly empty.

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Shows you the last time I visited Bar-Nasty then, doesnt it....lol
Old Jul 11th 2010, 7:25 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
I was there last night for a quick drink. It ain't half bad this time of the year. Like most of Dubai this summer it was nearly empty.
its quality of visitor improved greatly post Englands knock out from the WC.
Old Jul 11th 2010, 7:31 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

Originally Posted by commander
its quality of visitor improved greatly post Englands knock out from the WC.
Think that goes for most places... Although it was quite fun to see there little expectant faces drop further and further towards their half-finished pint as the games wore on....