Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai is fantastic because.....

Dubai is fantastic because.....

Old May 14th 2005, 1:22 pm
Restless soul

Happiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Dubai is fantastic because.....

Please let's have some random comments and opinions of why Dubai is so fantastic...
Old May 14th 2005, 1:38 pm
W10

Default Re: Dubai is fantastic because.....

1, Weather
2, Cost of living is low
3, Tax free salary
4, Good social scene
5, Great geographical location for exploring
6, Safe
7, Great golf courses
8, I live here

Old May 14th 2005, 1:40 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
1, Weather
2, Cost of living is low
3, Tax free salary
4, Good social scene
6, Safe
7, Great golf courses
8, I live here
Hmmmm not sure I agree with 2,4 & 8 but do with all the rest
Old May 14th 2005, 1:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold

I'm a long way from my mother in law!
Old May 14th 2005, 1:44 pm
W10

8 is pretty indisputable. It's actually part of Dubai's next marketing campaign.

I don't know how long you've been out here FD but go to the UK and try to buy a 2500sq ft house for the equivalent of Dh3m and see how far you get.

And as I have come from London, Dubai is half price city.

Old May 14th 2005, 1:49 pm
Restless soul

Happiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by W10
1, Weather
2, Cost of living is low
3, Tax free salary
4, Good social scene
6, Safe
7, Great golf courses
8, I live here

Weather...
Old May 14th 2005, 1:50 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
8 is pretty indisputable. It's actually part of Dubai's next marketing campaign.
Take it they are not wanting to attract anyone here then

Originally Posted by W10
I don't know how long you've been out here FD but go to the UK and try to buy a 2500sq ft house for the equivalent of Dh3m and see how far you get.

And as I have come from London, Dubai is half price city.

I've been here 2 years and came from Cheshire so property prices not exactly a bargain up there either. In fact our property there is empty at the moment so that's eating up quite a chunk Suppose it depends on what type of social life you have here as to your personal cost of living expenses
Old May 14th 2005, 1:54 pm
W10

Tourism expected to be boosted by 48% in the next 12 months. The campaign is based around a picture of me and the slogan "Come in Dubai".

To supplement the ad campaign, Nakheel are going to announce a project to build the largest ever statue of W10 in the world. They claim you will be able to see it from Jupiter. It's going to cost DH4768bn but will be completed by July 2005. You'll be able to buy apartments in my nipples with a view of the palm.

Emaar are going to build the worlds largest housing estate in the shape of my gay goatee beard. It will be the size of Wales, with a lake the size of Bournemouth in the middle and 45 golf courses. You'll be able to choose from any one of three designs if you want to buy one of the 120,000 houses.

Point taken on the social life - but I'd be bankrupt if I went out five times a week in London

Last edited by W10; May 14th 2005 at 1:57 pm.

Old May 14th 2005, 1:56 pm
Its all good

Originally Posted by W10
Tourism expected to be boosted by 48% in the next 12 months with a picture of me and the slogan "Come in Dubai".

Nakheel are going to announce a project to build the largest ever statue of W10 in the world. They claim you will be able to see it from Jupiter. It's going to cost DH4768bn but will be completed by July 2005. You'll be able to buy apartments in my nipples with a view of the palm.

PMSL you must have your humerous head on today W10
Old May 14th 2005, 1:58 pm
Restless soul

Originally Posted by W10
Tourism expected to be boosted by 48% in the next 12 months. The campaign is based around a picture of me and the slogan "Come in Dubai".

To supplement the ad campaign, Nakheel are going to announce a project to build the largest ever statue of W10 in the world. They claim you will be able to see it from Jupiter. It's going to cost DH4768bn but will be completed by July 2005. You'll be able to buy apartments in my nipples with a view of the palm.

Emaar are going to build the worlds largest housing estate in the shape of my gay goatee beard. It will be the size of Wales, with a lake the size of Bournemouth in the middle and 45 golf courses. You'll be able to choose from any one of three designs if you want to buy one of the 120,000 houses.

Point taken on the social life - but I'd be bankrupt if I went out five times a week in London

Oh, it's ok if your young, single, have a British passport and on a good whack.
Old May 14th 2005, 2:00 pm
W10

Originally Posted by samireh
Or if you're lucky enough to:

1, Be spotted as the face of a major tourism campaign
2, Have nipples shaped like an apartment building.

I've hit the jackpot baby!!

Those guys who mocked by verrandah shaped nips back home won't be laughing for much longer.

*Excuse me, I've got to go and take my pills now.

Old May 14th 2005, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Originally Posted by samireh
It's also great when like me you are home alone with two small children and hubby jetting around, never hit the social scene except attending school events, kids B'day parties and parks with free entrance and make 100% use of the communal pool, do the cleaning yourself and battle cancer.

DUBAI HAS SAVED MY LIFE AND I WILL BE FOREVER GRATEFUL FOR HAVING BEEN GIVEN THE CHANCE TO LIVE HERE NO MATTER UNDER WHAT CIRCUMSTANCES AND FOR HOW LONG. The sun is shining on me almost every morning and it makes it so easy to smile back and enjoy everything and everyone that comes my way.
Old May 14th 2005, 3:32 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
got a pic we can snicker at?
Old May 14th 2005, 3:52 pm
Trust Your Instincts.....

sassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to behold

witnessing the birth and growth of a great new city..........
Old May 14th 2005, 4:18 pm
Trust Your Instincts.....

sassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to behold

Just read about the Trevor Macdonald programme the other night thats being talked about in the New Zealand forum anti-social behaviour....

Now you just know that ain't gonna happen here in Dubai...........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.