British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Dubai Brunch (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/dubai-brunch-524520/)

RitchieD Mar 26th 2008 7:35 am

Dubai Brunch

Firstly I know it's been covered here before but I can't find a definitive answer..

Where is the best brunch to go to on a Friday? I'm looking to organise one with work, chanmpagne, good food the whole shabang.

We've tried to phone Mina A Salam and eventually got an answer that their brunch is 385 Dhs but only goes from 1 til 3:30pm?! Sounds like a lot of dosh for not much drinking time, are there any better ones?

Phone numbers would be appreciated

Cheers

Spugsy Mar 26th 2008 7:39 am

Re: Dubai Brunch

Originally Posted by RitchieD (Post 6112559)
Firstly I know it's been covered here before but I can't find a definitive answer..

Where is the best brunch to go to on a Friday? I'm looking to organise one with work, chanmpagne, good food the whole shabang.

We've tried to phone Mina A Salam and eventually got an answer that their brunch is 385 Dhs but only goes from 1 til 3:30pm?! Sounds like a lot of dosh for not much drinking time, are there any better ones?

Phone numbers would be appreciated

Cheers

i've not been to one of these yet as I reckon I'll half drink myself to death in 3 hours. It sounds dangerous to me.

arbroath_abroad Mar 26th 2008 7:41 am

Yalumba at the Meridian Airport.....Bollinger
Spectrum on 1 at the fairmont...Moet
Double Deckers at the Al Marooj...Stella

Spugsy Mar 26th 2008 7:43 am

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad (Post 6112577)
Yalumba at the Meridian Airport.....Bollinger
Spectrum on 1 at the fairmont...Moet
Double Deckers at the Al Marooj...Stella

meridian airport, a lad at work from here goes and says its brilliant.

Madam Medusa Mar 26th 2008 7:44 am

ritchie, the mina al salaam is my fave cos of the fabuous setting (you need to sit outside) and the food...it runs from 12.30 to 4pm, but they will always leave a few bottles on your table so i am never out of there before 5ish...

other good ones with bubbly:

yalumba...champers, much more party style, a la carte and buffet

al qasr...prosecco and great food (it just won the Time Out best brunch award)

fairmont...moet, great food, not so great setting, and they defo finish on time (3.30 i think?)

foccaccia...not as fancy as those above, but excellent italian food, freshly cooked pasta and risotto to order...prosecco/wine/beer...all for summat like 145 dhs

certo at the Radisson is meant to be good...i'm trying it this friday so will let you know...!

Hope that helps!

MM, xx

Welivehere Mar 26th 2008 7:47 am

Off the top of my head and with champagne:

Spectrum On 1 - Fairmont Hotel
Yalumba - Meridien Airport Hotel
Not sure what restaurant - Al Qasr Hotel

HTH.... :-)

arbroath_abroad Mar 26th 2008 7:49 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 6112582)
ritchie, the mina al salaam is my fave cos of the fabuous setting (you need to sit outside) and the food...it runs from 12.30 to 4pm, but they will always leave a few bottles on your table so i am never out of there before 5ish...

fairmont...moet, great food, not so great setting, and they defo finish on time (3.30 i think?)

foccaccia...not as fancy as those above, but excellent italian food, freshly cooked pasta and risotto to order...prosecco/wine/beer...all for summat like 145 dhs

certo at the Radisson is meant to be good...i'm trying it this friday so will let you know...!

Hope that helps!

MM, xx

yup i have been to all of those apart from Certo funnily enough...Agree with the comments on Spectrum...3:30 your out!!!

Robbies Mar 26th 2008 7:59 am

Been to Marina @ Jumeirah Beach (below 360) - Veuve Cliquot. 12-4. Fantastic food & glass never gets near empty. Cannot remember the price - about 460 I think?

There is one in the Moroccan restaurant in Shangri La (shit spelling I know!) also, but it wasn't up to much as you had to go get refills from the bar.

Those are the only ones I have done. Would recommend Marina for sure.

arbroath_abroad Mar 26th 2008 8:14 am

There is one in the Moroccan restaurant in Shangri La (shit spelling I know!) also, but it wasn't up to much as you had to go get refills from the bar.
Oh, i went to one there a while ago that was split between the moroccon and the seafood restaurant with a big cocktail station inbetween...

Granted you had to fetch your own cocktails but that was part of the buffet experience..a plate of food and a fresh Mojito...

Cant remember leaving..

RitchieD Mar 26th 2008 8:18 am

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa (Post 6112582)

Hope that helps!

MM, xx

Cheers all,

funnily enough the only one I've been to is Certo! Very good, proseco and the entire menu served to you.

Anyway, I think we'll go for Mina Al Salaam. So I have to ask to sit outside? What's the name of the restaurant as there seems to be a load on their website!

Madam Medusa Mar 26th 2008 8:19 am

Originally Posted by RitchieD (Post 6112660)
Cheers all,

funnily enough the only one I've been to is Certo! Very good, proseco and the entire menu served to you.

Anyway, I think we'll go for Mina Al Salaam. So I have to ask to sit outside? What's the name of the restaurant as there seems to be a load on their website!

it's The Wharf and Al Muna...defo, defo sit outside, it's not the same inside at all...

I forgot, there is also Latitudes at JBH, moet i think, and i've heard good things about it...

MM, xx

arbroath_abroad Mar 26th 2008 8:24 am

Where is MH's fav Brunch?....

MataHari Mar 26th 2008 8:58 am

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad (Post 6112684)
Where is MH's fav Brunch?....

funny...did I ever tell the luvvvvely members of this forum that I don't do brunch...can't remember

Spugsy Mar 26th 2008 9:06 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 6112796)
funny...did I ever tell the luvvvvely members of this forum that I don't do brunch...can't remember

not even for as much diet coke as you can drink?

arbroath_abroad Mar 26th 2008 9:27 am

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 6112796)

only i trazillion times......