Dubai Brunch

Old Mar 26th 2008, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

RitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to all
Default Dubai Brunch

Firstly I know it's been covered here before but I can't find a definitive answer..

Where is the best brunch to go to on a Friday? I'm looking to organise one with work, chanmpagne, good food the whole shabang.

We've tried to phone Mina A Salam and eventually got an answer that their brunch is 385 Dhs but only goes from 1 til 3:30pm?! Sounds like a lot of dosh for not much drinking time, are there any better ones?

Phone numbers would be appreciated

Cheers
Old Mar 26th 2008, 7:39 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai Brunch

Originally Posted by RitchieD
Firstly I know it's been covered here before but I can't find a definitive answer..

Where is the best brunch to go to on a Friday? I'm looking to organise one with work, chanmpagne, good food the whole shabang.

We've tried to phone Mina A Salam and eventually got an answer that their brunch is 385 Dhs but only goes from 1 til 3:30pm?! Sounds like a lot of dosh for not much drinking time, are there any better ones?

Phone numbers would be appreciated

Cheers
i've not been to one of these yet as I reckon I'll half drink myself to death in 3 hours. It sounds dangerous to me.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Yalumba at the Meridian Airport.....Bollinger
Spectrum on 1 at the fairmont...Moet
Double Deckers at the Al Marooj...Stella
Old Mar 26th 2008, 7:43 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
Yalumba at the Meridian Airport.....Bollinger
Spectrum on 1 at the fairmont...Moet
Double Deckers at the Al Marooj...Stella
meridian airport, a lad at work from here goes and says its brilliant.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 7:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

ritchie, the mina al salaam is my fave cos of the fabuous setting (you need to sit outside) and the food...it runs from 12.30 to 4pm, but they will always leave a few bottles on your table so i am never out of there before 5ish...

other good ones with bubbly:

yalumba...champers, much more party style, a la carte and buffet

al qasr...prosecco and great food (it just won the Time Out best brunch award)

fairmont...moet, great food, not so great setting, and they defo finish on time (3.30 i think?)

foccaccia...not as fancy as those above, but excellent italian food, freshly cooked pasta and risotto to order...prosecco/wine/beer...all for summat like 145 dhs

certo at the Radisson is meant to be good...i'm trying it this friday so will let you know...!

Hope that helps!

MM, xx
Old Mar 26th 2008, 7:47 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Off the top of my head and with champagne:

Spectrum On 1 - Fairmont Hotel
Yalumba - Meridien Airport Hotel
Not sure what restaurant - Al Qasr Hotel

HTH.... :-)

Last edited by Welivehere; Mar 26th 2008 at 7:48 am. Reason: Bugger MM beat me to it..... :-)
Old Mar 26th 2008, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
ritchie, the mina al salaam is my fave cos of the fabuous setting (you need to sit outside) and the food...it runs from 12.30 to 4pm, but they will always leave a few bottles on your table so i am never out of there before 5ish...

fairmont...moet, great food, not so great setting, and they defo finish on time (3.30 i think?)

foccaccia...not as fancy as those above, but excellent italian food, freshly cooked pasta and risotto to order...prosecco/wine/beer...all for summat like 145 dhs

certo at the Radisson is meant to be good...i'm trying it this friday so will let you know...!

Hope that helps!

MM, xx
yup i have been to all of those apart from Certo funnily enough...Agree with the comments on Spectrum...3:30 your out!!!
Old Mar 26th 2008, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really niceRobbies is just really nice

Been to Marina @ Jumeirah Beach (below 360) - Veuve Cliquot. 12-4. Fantastic food & glass never gets near empty. Cannot remember the price - about 460 I think?

There is one in the Moroccan restaurant in Shangri La (shit spelling I know!) also, but it wasn't up to much as you had to go get refills from the bar.

Those are the only ones I have done. Would recommend Marina for sure.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

There is one in the Moroccan restaurant in Shangri La (shit spelling I know!) also, but it wasn't up to much as you had to go get refills from the bar.
Oh, i went to one there a while ago that was split between the moroccon and the seafood restaurant with a big cocktail station inbetween...

Granted you had to fetch your own cocktails but that was part of the buffet experience..a plate of food and a fresh Mojito...

Cant remember leaving..
Old Mar 26th 2008, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

RitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to allRitchieD is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa

Hope that helps!

MM, xx
Cheers all,

funnily enough the only one I've been to is Certo! Very good, proseco and the entire menu served to you.

Anyway, I think we'll go for Mina Al Salaam. So I have to ask to sit outside? What's the name of the restaurant as there seems to be a load on their website!
Old Mar 26th 2008, 8:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RitchieD
Cheers all,

funnily enough the only one I've been to is Certo! Very good, proseco and the entire menu served to you.

Anyway, I think we'll go for Mina Al Salaam. So I have to ask to sit outside? What's the name of the restaurant as there seems to be a load on their website!
it's The Wharf and Al Muna...defo, defo sit outside, it's not the same inside at all...

I forgot, there is also Latitudes at JBH, moet i think, and i've heard good things about it...

MM, xx
Old Mar 26th 2008, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Where is MH's fav Brunch?....
Old Mar 26th 2008, 8:58 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
Where is MH's fav Brunch?....
funny...did I ever tell the luvvvvely members of this forum that I don't do brunch...can't remember
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:06 am
why ayeeeee man!

Originally Posted by MataHari
funny...did I ever tell the luvvvvely members of this forum that I don't do brunch...can't remember
not even for as much diet coke as you can drink?
Old Mar 26th 2008, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MataHari
only i trazillion times......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.