Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dubai Aquatics Centre

Dubai Aquatics Centre

Old Jul 30th 2012, 12:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai Aquatics Centre

Originally Posted by commander
Forgot about that place..I was just thinking about getting my sorry arse back to the pool..not swam in 2 weeks and the thought of getting a burnt back is not very appealing.

Cheers, I'm off there tonight.
Have you been before? Let us know what it's like.

Do me a favour and find out if they do kids swimming (and karate) lessons there please...
Old Jul 30th 2012, 1:52 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Have you been before? Let us know what it's like.

Do me a favour and find out if they do kids swimming (and karate) lessons there please...
Just been mate. Its fantastic, but I don't think its for kids. All that was open was the 50m pool and was pretty full on swimmers.

There is a gym etc..ill be heading there again tomorrow and will find out for you.

Its an amazing pool!
Old Jul 30th 2012, 2:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
Just been mate. Its fantastic, but I don't think its for kids. All that was open was the 50m pool and was pretty full on swimmers.

There is a gym etc..ill be heading there again tomorrow and will find out for you.

Its an amazing pool!
Thanks. I've really got my fingers crossed for some coach doing swimming lessons on a Saturday morning. Mini in the pool, me in the Gym. Perfect father-son bonding

As soon as I've shifted this bug, I'll go to that gym to check it out.

Last edited by Millhouse; Jul 30th 2012 at 2:15 pm.
Old Jul 30th 2012, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Actually the name is The Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid etc...........
Old Aug 4th 2012, 4:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I've finally felt well enough to go.

Awesome place. Cannot recommend it highly enough. The swimming facility is incredible, the gym (while not as stunning as the pools) is as good as anything else - if not better.

I pulled off the road about 200m too early and had to do some offroading but I think there are roads to it!

Sauna wasn't on... and you have to take your own towels (while the latter may seem bloody obvious, I normally use the gyms in hotels when I travel with work so have always had towels supplied -I thought that was the norm!)

I also have a number for a swimming instructor. They do diving lessons too.
Old Aug 4th 2012, 5:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

I seem to remember a few months ago that place was the world's biggest waste of money, according to a lot of moaners... glad to see it's turned out to be a good place to have available.
Old Aug 5th 2012, 1:21 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Do you need a medical certificate to get permission to swim?
Old Aug 5th 2012, 4:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by typical
Do you need a medical certificate to get permission to swim?
No and Yes. The first time you go, you register and then you can swim. They gave me a medical form for 'next time'. They won't check again I'm sure of that...

The 'medical form' is just a blood pressure reading and a stamp from the docs anyway to say you are fit.