Dubai

Old Apr 4th 2006, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

Napoleone has a brilliant futureNapoleone has a brilliant futureNapoleone has a brilliant futureNapoleone has a brilliant futureNapoleone has a brilliant futureNapoleone has a brilliant future
Default Dubai

Hello Everyone!

For the time being I work as a general manager for a high profile company within the retail sector, but I wish to relocate to Dubai. I was wondering if anyone could give some advice on how to proceed on this matter? I want to work within the same area as I am doing for the moment so any advice or thoughts on how I should proceed from here would be greatly appreciated. There are many job agencies based in Dubai but are there any that concentrate on the retail sector? Or any head-hunters I can contact possibly?

Thank you for your help!!

Kind Regards

Nima
Old Apr 4th 2006, 2:07 pm
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dubai

Originally Posted by Napoleone
Hello Everyone!

For the time being I work as a general manager for a high profile company within the retail sector, but I wish to relocate to Dubai. I was wondering if anyone could give some advice on how to proceed on this matter? I want to work within the same area as I am doing for the moment so any advice or thoughts on how I should proceed from here would be greatly appreciated. There are many job agencies based in Dubai but are there any that concentrate on the retail sector? Or any head-hunters I can contact possibly?

Thank you for your help!!

Kind Regards

Nima

I think everyone will tell you the same; You need to come here in person. trust me thats the best way!

Which country are you from? (the reason i am asking this because it will help you in getting the job faster in some sectors depending on where you are coming from)
Old Apr 4th 2006, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

Napoleone has a brilliant futureNapoleone has a brilliant futureNapoleone has a brilliant futureNapoleone has a brilliant futureNapoleone has a brilliant futureNapoleone has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by CasaNova
I think everyone will tell you the same; You need to come here in person. trust me thats the best way!

Which country are you from? (the reason i am asking this because it will help you in getting the job faster in some sectors depending on where you are coming from)
Hi CasaNova!

Thank you for your reply!
I am from Sweden and for the time being I live in Gothenburg. I have heard that it would be a lot easier to come to Dubai, the problem is that I am working full time and have a lot of responsibility so it is very hard for me to get away from my job for the time being. Do you have any advice on how to proceed if you are unable to come to Dubai for the moment. I guess if all hope fails I have to come down because I am very eager to move to Dubai.
But please give me some advice or possibly any agencies that can help me on this matter? I have heard there are great agencies in England with head hunters that you can sign up for? Any thoughts on that?

PS. Love your football mate!

Thank You!

Nima
Old Apr 4th 2006, 2:31 pm
W10

It really is best for you to take a week's holiday and come out here in person.

1, So you don't get ripped off by agencies
2, So you can actually see the place and get a feel for it.

Dubai isn't everyone's cup of tea.

For a start, don't believe the marketing hype. The city is nothing like the 'brochures'.

Old Apr 4th 2006, 3:15 pm
Banned

CasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond reputeCasaNova has a reputation beyond repute

Hi CasaNova!

Thank you for your reply!
I am from Sweden and for the time being I live in Gothenburg.

Thats a plus point. You have good chance to try at IKEA, This company is owned in UAE by Omar Al Futtaim so; it means great pay, growth and etc..

I have heard that it would be a lot easier to come to Dubai, the problem is that I am working full time and have a lot of responsibility so it is very hard for me to get away from my job for the time being. Do you have any advice on how to proceed if you are unable to come to Dubai for the moment.I guess if all hope fails I have to come down because I am very eager to move to Dubai.
But please give me some advice or possibly any agencies that can help me on this matter?
Then send your CV to all the recruitment agencies, you can Find them in FAQ'S above.

Still recomended to come here!

I have heard there are great agencies in England with head hunters that you can sign up for? Any thoughts on that?

No dont do it. and REMEMBER you dont pay any "halala"(cent) to any recruitment agency when it comes to UAE. The are bogus companies who ask for it! beware.

The recruitment companies in UK will favor their citizens over you! But thats the Norm everywhere.

PS. Love your football mate!

Thank You!

Nima

which mate?

by the way; I love that Group they played on your National TV... www.golbung.nu

I know the lead singer Rustom! I met him along with Sophia Strom.
Old Apr 4th 2006, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

Thats a plus point. You have good chance to try at IKEA, This company is owned in UAE by Omar Al Futtaim so; it means great pay, growth and etc..

Oh ok....well generally I am a general manager within the fashion sector but thank you for your advice I will check it out.

Then send your CV to all the recruitment agencies, you can Find them in FAQ'S above.

You know I will try to send my CV to all agencies but as you say it is much smarter to come down so they can see you in person, I have been in Dubai for business trips a couple of times but I never found the time to look for anything, there was simply to much work to be done. I only got time to catch some sun on the last day and ended up burning my self looking like a red light on my way home.
The problem is that the agencies in general don’t seem to be all that professional. So I have to try and get away from work in the summer and try it out.

No dont do it. and REMEMBER you dont pay any "halala"(cent) to any recruitment agency when it comes to UAE. The are bogus companies who ask for it! beware.

The recruitment companies in UK will favor their citizens over you! But thats the Norm everywhere.

Thanks for the advice..I have been checking out some companies whom you have to pay like jobs in Dubai and uae job finder. But I won’t follow up on them then. The thing with the UK recruitment agencies is that when I was in Dubai the last time there was a group of people whom all had been sent down to Dubai from a recruitment agency in London to meet up with a company. And they were from different parts of Europe like Italy, France, Denmark and England of course. I never came around to ask them what agency they came from. So I would be grateful if you could look at that more closely please.

which mate?

I love English football in general mate...think you have the best league in the world.

hahahahahahah
Old Apr 4th 2006, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE]
Oh ok....well generally I am a general manager within the fashion sector but thank you for your advice I will check it out.

You know I will try to send my CV to all agencies but as you say it is much smarter to come down so they can see you in person, I have been in Dubai for business trips a couple of times but I never found the time to look for anything, there was simply to much work to be done. I only got time to catch some sun on the last day and ended up burning my self looking like a red light on my way home.
The problem is that the agencies in general don’t seem to be all that professional. So I have to try and get away from work in the summer and try it out.

Thanks for the advice..I have been checking out some companies whom you have to pay like jobs in Dubai and uae job finder. But I won’t follow up on them then. The thing with the UK recruitment agencies is that when I was in Dubai the last time there was a group of people whom all had been sent down to Dubai from a recruitment agency in London to meet up with a company. And they were from different parts of Europe like Italy, France, Denmark and England of course. I never came around to ask them what agency they came from. So I would be grateful if you could look at that more closely please.

which mate?
I love English football in general mate...think you have the best league in the world.

hahahaaahahaha

Lol think the last one came out wrong..bare with me please my first time!!
Old Apr 4th 2006, 6:04 pm

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

That is so racist... and so you! Eveyone in the uk is given a fair crack of the whip, if you have what it takes!!!
Old Apr 4th 2006, 7:11 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
That is so racist... and so you! Eveyone in the uk is given a fair crack of the whip, if you have what it takes!!!

I dont know why you said that but never the less you have your opinions.

but what i meant to say is why a Recruitment Companies based in UK would send me CV from Scandanvia or China?

The reason I will chose a recruitment company based in UK is becuase I am looking for British expertise.

If I am looking for swedish staff than i know where to look for.
Old Apr 4th 2006, 7:22 pm
Banned

Nodoubt. Everybody Loves our football team and you watch us take that World Cup Tropy Home.

Old Apr 5th 2006, 5:40 am
W10

If I am looking for swedish staff than i know where to look for.
Where?? Where?? I wouldn't mind taking on a couple of Swedish ladies myself.

*gets coat

Old Apr 5th 2006, 5:50 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10

*gets coat
You wouldn't mind taking ANY ladies mate!
Old Apr 5th 2006, 5:52 am
Banned

Originally Posted by W10

*gets coat

Sweden ofcourse! They are quite friendly people. The first time i had sex was with a swedish women i was 16 1/2yr old. she was 40+. Jalini Issaksorn
Old Apr 5th 2006, 7:56 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Sweden ofcourse! They are quite friendly people. The first time i had sex was with a swedish women i was 16 1/2yr old. she was 40+. Jalini Issaksorn
Isn't Jalini Issaksorn a mannequin manufacturing company
Old Apr 5th 2006, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

barsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Isn't Jalini Issaksorn a mannequin manufacturing company
i thought they just made the hands for mannequins!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.