Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Driving from Saudi to Doha

Driving from Saudi to Doha

Old Feb 20th 2008, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

bigmamma is just really nicebigmamma is just really nicebigmamma is just really nicebigmamma is just really nicebigmamma is just really nicebigmamma is just really nicebigmamma is just really nicebigmamma is just really nice
Default Driving from Saudi to Doha

We're thinking of driving to Doha at Easter.

Any do's, dont's that anyone can think of?

Much appreciated
Old Feb 20th 2008, 5:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driving from Saudi to Doha

Originally Posted by bigmamma
We're thinking of driving to Doha at Easter.

Any do's, dont's that anyone can think of?

Much appreciated
Where from in Saudi?
Old Feb 21st 2008, 4:59 am
Just Joined

bigmamma is just really nicebigmamma is just really nicebigmamma is just really nicebigmamma is just really nicebigmamma is just really nicebigmamma is just really nicebigmamma is just really nicebigmamma is just really nice

Dammam/Al Khobar
Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Dammam/Al Khobar
Sorry????

You can practically WALK there!!!!
Old Feb 21st 2008, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

Yeah - thanks for the help !!
Old Feb 21st 2008, 4:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yeah - thanks for the help !!
What are you talking about?

It's under 2 hours to the Qatar border, then another hour (max) from the border to Doha.

I drive further/longer than that just to buy groceries...........
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 5:30 am
Just Joined

I'm well aware of how far it is but I thought the point of this forum was to give advice and provide any help and not to be sarcastic.

Since we haven't driven it before I was only asking for a bit of help so as not to get any surprises on the way. Sorry if you feel inclined to be sarcastic and how long it takes for you to drive for your groceries wasn't the question and isn't my concern.

If this is the kind of help this forum provides then perhaps it is a waste of time.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 10:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'm well aware of how far it is but I thought the point of this forum was to give advice and provide any help and not to be sarcastic.

Since we haven't driven it before I was only asking for a bit of help so as not to get any surprises on the way. Sorry if you feel inclined to be sarcastic and how long it takes for you to drive for your groceries wasn't the question and isn't my concern.

If this is the kind of help this forum provides then perhaps it is a waste of time.
Please please please............ oh don't go....!! Pardon my cynical responses but, speaking as someone who has driven Dubai-Riyadh in one day a few months ago (about five times longer than the journey you are contemplating), I don't think you'll have a problem.

Sorry again - but there isn't much to say - I know a couple of people who work in Qatar, have Saudi multiple entry-exit visas, and go to Bahrain most weekends. That's roughly the journey you are talking about.

They drive up after work on Wed, and drive back late-Fri or very early-Sat.

I don't know about how good the roads are, etc, so I can't help you there, but a glance at a map will tell you all you need to know.

And notice how NOBODY else has responded to your enquiry? It really isn't a tough drive in the eyes/minds of people round here who are used to.... er.... somewhat more challenging journeys.

Sorry I can't be more specific or helpful.

And I don't REALLY drive that far to buy groceries.

AND please don't tell Mata Hari I was beastly and nasty to you - she'll put me in the naughty corner.