Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Driving from JLT To Marina

Driving from JLT To Marina

Old Nov 20th 2012, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

lanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to all
Default Driving from JLT To Marina

This is a really stupid question I'm sure, but google maps says you can drive straight over from the bottom end ( AD end) of JLT to The Marina, is this true and does the road really exist?

Trying to avoid a repeat performance of last Thursday marital discord, you know couples in cars with maps, it's never a good ending
Old Nov 20th 2012, 10:53 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Driving from JLT To Marina

Originally Posted by lanarkwitch
This is a really stupid question I'm sure, but google maps says you can drive straight over from the bottom end ( AD end) of JLT to The Marina, is this true and does the road really exist?

Trying to avoid a repeat performance of last Thursday marital discord, you know couples in cars with maps, it's never a good ending
Yes, you can. At the roundabout after the Bonnington, go straight (going left will take you to Jumeirah Islands and Ibn Battuta).

After that, stay to the left. The road will bend sharply to the right. If you want to go to JBR, stay to the left hand most lanes. If you want to go to the Emaar Drive bit of the Marina, take the first exit to the right, but stay in the left most lanes. (Staying all the way to the right will take you onto SZR Dubai bound).

It'll bring you out by Horizon Tower, going towards Dubai Marina Mall.
Old Nov 20th 2012, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

lanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to all

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
Yes, you can. At the roundabout after the Bonnington, go straight (going left will take you to Jumeirah Islands and Ibn Battuta).

After that, stay to the left. The road will bend sharply to the right. If you want to go to JBR, stay to the left hand most lanes. If you want to go to the Emaar Drive bit of the Marina, take the first exit to the right, but stay in the left most lanes. (Staying all the way to the right will take you onto SZR Dubai bound).

Excellent thanks for the quick reply, it looked like that on the map but roads in Dubai change so often I wasn't sure if this was really the case
Old Nov 20th 2012, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Or simply follow the signs for Dubai taking you northwards on the SZR and take the first right exit immediately after JLT. This flyover takes you to the north end of Marina at the traffic lights near Spinneys on Marina Walk. I took that route only a few hours ago.
Old Nov 20th 2012, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mentalist
Or simply follow the signs for Dubai taking you northwards on the SZR and take the first right exit immediately after JLT. This flyover takes you to the north end of Marina at the traffic lights near Spinneys on Marina Walk. I took that route only a few hours ago.
Am going to Bay Central, directly opposite the marina mall, bear in mind the only thing I know in Dubai is the mall and McGettigans, oh and the road back to AD
Old Nov 20th 2012, 11:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Buy a sat nav. mine is brilliant.
Old Nov 20th 2012, 11:47 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Am going to Bay Central, directly opposite the marina mall, bear in mind the only thing I know in Dubai is the mall and McGettigans, oh and the road back to AD
If you're going to Bay Central, go towards JBR. It's on that road. It'll be on your right about 200 meters after the second set of lights.
Old Nov 20th 2012, 11:49 am
You read these things?

Originally Posted by mentalist
True, but she said she had an argument with her husband about it. If she overwhelms him with a step by step guide, he'll have no choice but to argue the toss, then be proved wrong. (And them mumble about it quietly).
Old Nov 20th 2012, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

True, but she said she had an argument with her husband about it. If she overwhelms him with a step by step guide, he'll have no choice but to argue the toss, then be proved wrong. (And them mumble about it quietly).
You so get it
Old Nov 20th 2012, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Buy a sat nav. mine is brilliant.
The Lexus has sat nav, unfortunately the maps are not very accurate since Dubai changes so often and since we don;t live there we haven't bothered having them updated
Old Nov 20th 2012, 12:55 pm
You read these things?

You so get it
Been there, been on the receiving end.
Old Nov 20th 2012, 3:19 pm