Drivers License

Old Feb 28th 2008, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Live for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud of
Default Drivers License

Looked at a few threads, had various bits of verbal information and just been to Bur Dubai Police Station who knew no more than me! However i have I believe everything I need to get my UAE Friving License but where do i go and what times/days are4 they open. I am staying on Mankool Rd and Burjeman Centre half hours walk, I understand there is a place in Jumeira Plaza but any others and opening times please.
Thank you
Old Feb 28th 2008, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

jrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to all
Default Re: Drivers License

Jumeirah Plaza is open till 9pm and, although when I went the machine was broken, was relatively quiet. While sat there various people came in saying how busy others were.
My better half went to one near the Airport Freezone??? And as a lady was pushed to the front of the line by a kind Emirati lady? Sorry there isn't much info, but I guess we got lucky.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Live for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud of

Thank you
Old Feb 28th 2008, 8:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

you need passport/visa copy, uk driving licence (both parts) and an eye test certificate.

there is one place on the Jumeirah beach road or go to the dubai police near Mall of emirates.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
you need passport/visa copy, uk driving licence (both parts) and an eye test certificate.

there is one place on the Jumeirah beach road or go to the dubai police near Mall of emirates.
Got everything else but both parts (mine is the old green one!)
Old Feb 28th 2008, 9:16 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

did the one at the Co-Op at Safa Park close?
Old Feb 28th 2008, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

don't you need a no-objections from your sponsor and an application form typed in Arabic?

or is that only in Shj?
Old Feb 28th 2008, 9:25 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jvr20
don't you need a no-objections from your sponsor and an application form typed in Arabic?

or is that only in Shj?
only shj I think
Old Feb 28th 2008, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

jrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to all

I just needed licence, residency and passport copies, photos and original passport. Initially I went to the one near the Mall of the Emirates where my licence was copied into Arabic (as were other people's) for 60AED?!?!? Then because their machine etc wasn't working I was sent to Jumierah Plaza where I was charged 110AED for the licence. The lady there was shocked that I had to pay for the transalation, particularly so much, as she had people there just filling it in in English and then processing it herself!!
There is also an opticians next to the Plaza RTA branch....