Drinking holes

Old Mar 21st 2008, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

ssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud of
Default Re: Drinking holes

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
I think the Oasis is the best value at 180 dhs at the weekend that price includes a BBQ/buffet lunch. During the week I think it is 80dhs to get in but I haven't been there this year yet..too cold!
Sorry...thought you meant 180dhs for the card .

Yeah have to agree entry plus BBQ is great value - especially if it's cheaper during the week.

May just trot along there and have a chat.

Thanks
Old Mar 21st 2008, 10:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

go passed reception and round the corner to the telephone booth and ask there for an application form,the card is free.
Also ask if it is true that they may be closing the hotel!!
Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

ssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud ofssuh has much to be proud of

go passed reception and round the corner to the telephone booth and ask there for an application form,the card is free.
Also ask if it is true that they may be closing the hotel!!
Oh that much is very true...sorry to confirm.

I had dinner with the Architect a few weeks back who's plans for the site have now been approved. Am meeting him again on Tuesday evening so will see if I can find timescales....

New one will have to be built before old one comes down I suspect...little like Westin/Mina Seyahi scenario.
Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:29 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ssuh
Oh that much is very true...sorry to confirm.

I had dinner with the Architect a few weeks back who's plans for the site have now been approved. Am meeting him again on Tuesday evening so will see if I can find timescales....

New one will have to be built before old one comes down I suspect...little like Westin/Mina Seyahi scenario.
is Mina Seyahi coming down
Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
wouldn't be surprised, it's looked tired and old for ages...just highlighted even more now the westin is up...

MM, xx
Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:38 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
wouldn't be surprised, it's looked tired and old for ages...just highlighted even more now the westin is up...

MM, xx
is the Westin open yet I like Mina Sehayi, especially the pool
Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

no don't think it's open...

the pool does look lovely, but the hotel itself is hideous...

MM, xx
Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:44 pm
Concierge

no don't think it's open...

the pool does look lovely, but the hotel itself is hideous...

MM, xx
I will have to drive by and have a peep
Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

Westin and Le Meridien are brothers and sisters, part of the Global Hotel Group - Starwood.

Two Hotels in the same spot competing with one another? One brand new the other old and tired?

Once the Westin is fully operational then.........who knows what the next step might be

Beach frontage is a valuable commodity over here (actually everywhere come to think of it).

BTW. I had a guided tour of the Atlantis on the Palm the other day....now that IS big!
Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I will have to drive by and have a peep
i was talking about mina seyahi...!

MM, xx
Old Mar 21st 2008, 11:53 pm
Concierge

i was talking about mina seyahi...!

MM, xx
oops thought you were talking about Westin! LOL

all the hotels are always full anyway so they may as well have two
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

oops thought you were talking about Westin! LOL

all the hotels are always full anyway so they may as well have two
Now you've hit the nail on the head

Why not have 420 rooms (or more) running @ 90% occupancy levels instead of 210

Old Mar 22nd 2008, 12:17 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

The Westin was supposed to be opening this month, it's now pushed back until May.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 12:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ssuh
BTW. I had a guided tour of the Atlantis on the Palm the other day....now that IS big!
A friend of mine is one of the build contractors for there, it is amazing! What is it 2000 + beds??
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 1:00 am
Concierge

A friend of mine is one of the build contractors for there, it is amazing! What is it 2000 + beds??
that's huge! had no idea it was that big!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.