Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Download cd's to computer

Download cd's to computer

Old May 25th 2007, 12:46 pm
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute
Default Download cd's to computer

I have put my cd in the computer ...Then what????/

Please can someone intelligent...Tell me...Step by step what to do next ...to download my cd's onto computer so I can then download them into my DH'S Apple Ipod ...

Tia x thats "thanks in advance" x
Old May 25th 2007, 12:53 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Download cd's to computer

Originally Posted by twinkle-star

Please can someone intelligent...Tell me...Step by step what to do next ...to download my cd's onto computer so I can then download them into my DH'S Apple Ipod ...

twinkle ... i think you should post this in teachie lab or something like that in another forum. Plenty of ppl there will be able to help you
Old May 25th 2007, 1:00 pm
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by novita77
twinkle ... i think you should post this in teachie lab or something like that in another forum. Plenty of ppl there will be able to help you
Surely its not that technical to download a cd onto one computer ??
Old May 25th 2007, 1:04 pm
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Surely its not that technical to download a cd onto one computer ??
been trying it for the past 1 weeks to do the same as you do ... With a guidance from somebody's else from another forum :

http://www.qatarliving.com/node/15409

after that i decided just going to buy a portable DVD player Too much bloody work for me
Old May 25th 2007, 1:09 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

RTFM.
Old May 25th 2007, 1:10 pm
semarang

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
RTFM.
what is it?
Old May 25th 2007, 1:35 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

what is it?
read the f ing manual

anyway, depends on what software your running...

at a guess of windows xp and easiest solution of just using whats on the puter, so windows media player 11.

stick cd in, load up media player, hit the rip tab, follow instructions.
Old May 25th 2007, 1:42 pm
semarang

Originally Posted by Bob
read the f ing manual

at a guess of windows xp and easiest solution of just using whats on the puter, so windows media player 11.

that one is easy bob ... after that do you have the simplest method to put the ripped movie to the Ipod?

ta !
Old May 25th 2007, 2:04 pm
Here comes the Sun

Originally Posted by Bob
read the f ing manual

Sorry ...Yes ...Stick in cd ...Then escuse me for not being technical but can you explain in simple terms ...windows xp!
Old May 25th 2007, 2:13 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to get the music onto an iPod, then don't screw around, use iTunes.

Start up iTunes, make sure you're connected to the internet, put the CD into the computer, and then press the "rip" button in iTunes - it's the big circular one in the top right.

The computer will then rip the CD, taking the album and track names from the internet (that's why you need to be online when you do this, otherwise you'll have no album name and the tracks will just be called "Track 1", "Track 2" etc).

To transfer this music to the iPod, just plug your iPod into the computer. As standard, iTunes will automatically copy the music onto the iPod, although if you want to you can set it up so that you have to manually select which music you want to copy.
Old May 25th 2007, 2:36 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

that one is easy bob ... after that do you have the simplest method to put the ripped movie to the Ipod?

ta !
itunes, there should be a sync button that'll do it for you...have to use itunes for ipod, or it gets complicated.

itunes you can rip the cd too, stick cd in, the cd should list the tracks, select them, right click and hit rip
Old May 25th 2007, 2:37 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Sorry ...Yes ...Stick in cd ...Then escuse me for not being technical but can you explain in simple terms ...windows xp!
if you don't know what windows xp is, get someone to do it for you, because it really couldn't have been any simpler i'm afraid.
Old May 25th 2007, 2:40 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
itunes, there should be a sync button that'll do it for you...
As standard, iTunes will automatically sync any new music in your library onto the iPod as soon as you plug it in.

itunes you can rip the cd too, stick cd in, the cd should list the tracks, select them, right click and hit rip
Don't have to select or right-click. iTunes defaults to selecting all the tracks on any CD you insert. Just put the disc in and press the rip button (making sure you're connected to the internet first, unless you want a library full of "Unknown Album )
Old May 25th 2007, 2:45 pm
semarang

Originally Posted by GarethR
As standard, iTunes will automatically sync any new music in your library onto the iPod as soon as you plug it in.

Don't have to select or right-click. iTunes defaults to selecting all the tracks on any CD you insert. Just put the disc in and press the rip button (making sure you're connected to the internet first, unless you want a library full of "Unknown Album )
Bob, Gareth ...

I hv ripped movie on i tune ... but everytime i try to sync it ... it always take out my 6.000 something song from the ipod first ... and in the end said that my ripped movie can't be transferred into ipod.

what should i do?

ta!
Old May 25th 2007, 3:06 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by GarethR
the itunes I installed didn't by default have all the tracks on a cd selected to rip, so I just highlighted all of them and right clicked instead of hitting the rip button.

wmp can auto rip too, but i preferred that it didn't so switched that off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.