Doha vs Dubai

Old Mar 25th 2014, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

spiritofistanbul is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Doha vs Dubai

Hi - I have recently accepted a job in Doha and was planning on arriving next month, however my current workplace are trying to make me stay with the business and have offered to relocate me to Dubai.

I just wanted to get a view from some people who may have had first hand experience of working and living in both locations.

Thanks
Old Mar 25th 2014, 6:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doha vs Dubai

Originally Posted by spiritofistanbul View Post
Hi - I have recently accepted a job in Doha and was planning on arriving next month, however my current workplace are trying to make me stay with the business and have offered to relocate me to Dubai.

I just wanted to get a view from some people who may have had first hand experience of working and living in both locations.

Thanks
Really! You feel you need to ask?!
Old Mar 26th 2014, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

Benny80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you seriously asking???

I have lived in both and currently in Doha. I don't want to be rude to the Qatari's so i don't want to comment on what i think of Doha. There are plenty of irreverent and hilarious writeups on this forum.

This should be really easy decision to make. I would like to ask everyone out there how much extra you would have to be offered to be located in Doha over Dubai ??? (all other things like employer being equal)

Personally I kind of need the money right now so am willing to get by in Qatar. I think i would accept a 15%pay cut to move to Dubai.
Old Mar 26th 2014, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Doha comes nowhere close , in any aspect .
Old Mar 27th 2014, 3:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

You actually couldn't pay me to go to Doha - ok you could but it would be set me up for life obscene amounts of money. Choose Dubai!
Old Mar 27th 2014, 2:50 pm
Just Joined

spiritofistanbul is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks all!

I thought as much but after doing quite a bit of research into Doha I was sold on the idea - but recent uncertainties around Qatar (i.e. world cup issues, the spat with Saudi etc etc) has made me a bit concerned.

Plus housing seems to be very expensive especially given the quality seems to be of poor standard.

Anyway mind made now - Dubai it is!