Reload this Page >

Doha qp or Dahran Aramco

Doha qp or Dahran Aramco

Old Jun 18th 2023, 4:36 am
Just Joined

Coucou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Doha qp or Dahran Aramco

2 offers came at the same time.

1 in QP: 12kusd all inclusive. School tuition is provided 3 years contract.
2 in Aramco 14kusd all in. School tuition is provided housing in the compound cheap.indefinite contract

Career wise Aramco is mic more attactive as Qp is known to be a dead end.

​​​​​​Any advice?
Old Jun 18th 2023, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doha qp or Dahran Aramco

Aramco gets my vote based on info given.
Old Jun 18th 2023, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

Thanks. That's my guts feelings.
Old Jun 21st 2023, 9:03 pm
Just Joined

DxbDxb is an unknown quantity at this point

The Aramco experience is usually rated as the best in the Middle East - aside from the huge work area, there are so many recreational facilities on the camp as well as a whole township of like-minded expats.
I would say KSA is also much cheaper in terms of food and utilities compared to Qatar.
Old Jun 26th 2023, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

Get your point. And I guess a much bigger country is and advantage as well.
Old Jul 5th 2023, 6:22 pm
Just Joined

wendall2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

Aramco, no question.
Old Jul 9th 2023, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

w_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond repute

Well, Aramco is not as it used to be in the past. While Aramco may look attractive, but I am looking at the big picture. I lived in both countries and I can say I would live in Qatar with a lower salary than in KSA. There are too many reasons why living in Qatar is much better. And by the way, food and other expresses are much cheaper in Qatar (It was the opposite until 5 years ago). Education both primary and tertiary is much better in Qatar. The country is more developed and people are more ethical. Traveling is much easier with no need for exit and re-entry permit. Cars are cheaper (both new and old) and petrol is cheaper as well. Easier to get direct flights from Doha to many destinations compared to KSA. The only downside of Qatar is the market is smaller.
Did I mention recreational facilities/areas? there are loads of them in Qatar compared to nil in KSA, and the food quality in restaurants as well as prices is much better.

And last, indefinite contract does not mean anything as they can kick you anytime without any problem.
Old Jul 9th 2023, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

My personal opinion is that someone from a solid background in the West (Western educated, lived in West for more than 20+ years, with a decent job) has no other reason to move to Middle East other than “money”. Either it be double or more or it’s just not worth it. I mean what decent Westerner would move to ME for “cultural, social life” reasons? Compared to most Western major cities, every country in the ME is still a dump, I’m sorry to say.
Old Jul 20th 2023, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

w_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond reputew_scott has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wendall2005
My personal opinion is that someone from a solid background in the West (Western educated, lived in West for more than 20+ years, with a decent job) has no other reason to move to Middle East other than “money”. Either it be double or more or it’s just not worth it. I mean what decent Westerner would move to ME for “cultural, social life” reasons? Compared to most Western major cities, every country in the ME is still a dump, I’m sorry to say.
I can't agree more.
You get what you pay for. When you take a job in the ME you lose many things for the sake of money.
Old Aug 21st 2023, 5:10 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Coucou

2 in Aramco 14kusd all in. School tuition is provided housing in the compound cheap.indefinite contract

​​​​​​Any advice?
Are you taking into consideration all the other cash incentives Aramco provides? For eg, I know they give you cash in hand about 48k USD for travel every year for a family of 4-5. Another cash payment of 17-20k USD moving expenses. Both irrespective of whether you actually travel or not or whether you actually move any stuff. Also another 12-15k first time furniture cash payment. Everyone else only pays you if you incur the cost (reimbursable) and only a fraction of Aramco allowances. Long term I have heard financially no one can possibly match Aramco.
Old Aug 21st 2023, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

​​​​​​Any advice?
Also take into consideration that Qatar today is almost twice as expensive as where Aramco operates in Saudi Arabia.
Old Aug 23rd 2023, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

sufian is an unknown quantity at this point

​​​​​​Any advice?
I would say: it depends on what you need and why you are moving out here.
Like some people here replied offensively but honestly by saying the middle East is for money. If that is your intention or thinking, then I can assure you that whereever you go it won't be enough and you can't do good in your job.
That said, the differences between the 2 countries you are referring to are subjective. Qatar is small probably more developed and it is very much family friendly. KSA is massive and the country now is booming, which mean lots of jobs and yes they pay more to attract people.
The difference in the salaries you've mentioned ain't significant really and I would say you would do just fine in both countries regardless.
Many thanks.
Old Sep 28th 2023, 8:07 am
Just Joined

JOSEPH17 is an unknown quantity at this point

​​​​​​Any advice?
Did you make your decision between Aramco and Qatar Energy?
Old Oct 3rd 2023, 5:47 am
Just Joined

Marco17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Coucou,
Did you join Aramco? what is your experience with the company?
Old Oct 13th 2023, 6:44 am
Just Joined

kurt114 is an unknown quantity at this point

If the ME is not for money, what is it for then?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.