Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Doha - money instead of annual leave

Doha - money instead of annual leave

Old Dec 30th 2015, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

srt8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Doha - money instead of annual leave

Did anyone has experience with such cases?

example:
basic salary 30000
accommodation 12000
transport 2000

I used only half the annual leave and the other half will get the equivalent in cash. Does it count only the basic wage or + accommodation. The employer wants to count only the basic salary, while I think it should be counted accommodation also. When I used half of a annual leave I received salary and allowances for the full amount without any deduction.

Last edited by srt8; Dec 30th 2015 at 7:50 pm.
Old Dec 31st 2015, 4:32 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Doha - money instead of annual leave

if you received your basic salary plus your allowances when you took your leave, then surely the same would apply if you are getting the cash equivalent for not taking your leave.

why don't you just take your leave and get both.
Old Dec 31st 2015, 7:31 am
"The Seeker"

Leannmean is an unknown quantity at this point

depends on the employer , legally , they are obligated to pay you the basic .
Old Dec 31st 2015, 1:45 pm
Just Joined

srt8 is an unknown quantity at this point

I received basic salary plus allowances when I took first part of the leave. I can't take second part leave and get both becouse today is my last working day. I am done here and leaving home. I found in labour low that calculate base is basic sallary. Calculate base, according old labour law, was basic sallary plus cost of living allowance.
I guess you are right Leannmean.

Thanks for help.
Old Jan 1st 2016, 10:12 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Salary in lieu is normal only basic, as your rent should be paid for the entire year whatever. It's not as though they haven't paid you 52 weeks of rent. Check your contract.
Old Jan 5th 2016, 3:24 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Why would you get housing allowance as well as basic in lieu of leave?
Old Feb 24th 2016, 4:42 pm
Living the dream

abbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to allabbey08 is a name known to all

Its in the Labor Law and paid only as per basic salary.