Reload this Page >

Dog Care/ Kennels in Riyadh

Dog Care/ Kennels in Riyadh

Old May 13th 2014, 5:27 am
Just Joined

Blacks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dog Care/ Kennels in Riyadh

Hi All,

We are fairly new to Riyadh and are struggling a little with dog care as we need to go away next month.

We have contacted a couple of kennels but one was astronomical and another we were told isn't great.

We have 4 dogs (2 we bought and 2 we acquired here - don't ask!) so we appreciate kennels aren't cheap but it's proving more difficult than we thought...

Any ideas on dog sitters or good kennels would be appreciated.
Old May 13th 2014, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

bodieanddoyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dog Care/ Kennels in Riyadh

Originally Posted by Blacks
Hi All,

We are fairly new to Riyadh and are struggling a little with dog care as we need to go away next month.

We have contacted a couple of kennels but one was astronomical and another we were told isn't great.

We have 4 dogs (2 we bought and 2 we acquired here - don't ask!) so we appreciate kennels aren't cheap but it's proving more difficult than we thought...

Any ideas on dog sitters or good kennels would be appreciated.
Do you live on a compound? If so, do you have any friends that have trustworthy cleaners that could stay and dogsit at your house? I have approx. 30 cats in my immediate care (also, don't ask!) and my cleaner stays at my house when I am away to look after them all.
Old May 13th 2014, 8:19 am
Just Joined

Blacks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dog Care/ Kennels in Riyadh

Hi there,

Wow 30 cats! It's a really good idea but we live 'out in the wilds' as it were, Olaya area.

I am sure there are people/maids who would do it but as we haven't been here that long it's just a case of finding them. There are seems to be a bit of dog fear from the few maids etc we have spoken to and one of our dogs is pretty big. He's a softie but if you are scared of dogs caring for a 55kg Dogue Bordeaux is a big ask