Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Do I need to register a business for income from UK?

Do I need to register a business for income from UK?

Old Jul 10th 2022, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

Neutron50 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Do I need to register a business for income from UK?

Hi,

I will be moving to the UAE (Sharjah) soon from the UK. My wife landed a job as a teacher there and I will be moving with her on a spouse residency VISA. I will continue to work for a company in the UK but remotely from the UAE. Once I set up a UAE bank account, is it ok to invoice the company in the UK and get paid into my UAE personal bank account monthly? Or do I have to have register as a business and have a business bank account?

Also what banks do people recommend to use in the UAE?

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 11th 2022, 6:34 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do I need to register a business for income from UK?

Your UK tax liability on worldwide income is determined by the Statutory Residence Test, which depends on your personal circiumstances. Best to get professional advice on how to become and remain UK Non-resident, which takes a minimum of a full UK tax year. To get you started, here is a useful flowchart.