divorce

Old Jan 5th 2010, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

fouz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default divorce

How easy or diff is it to divorce here as a british national, married in UK? also a woman married to a britsh muslim??? help pls.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 5:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: The city of many visions - and fast performance cars
weescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond reputeweescot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: divorce

I am not an expert but it is pretty straight forward I understand - sahria law of course. One of the BE members who is maybe Emirati or married to an Emirati will better advice but I undertand the basic process is apply, agree conditions with lawyer/court rep then go to court where a judge grants the divorce. All original UK marraige certification has to be attested by a notary public and translated into Arabic by a registered translator.

What you get out of a divorce and if you are permitted to stay on here can depend on your visa status (if your husband is sponsoring you) and if you have children.

You are best to seek legal advice.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 5:14 pm
Just Joined

many thanks....
Old Jan 5th 2010, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

good luck.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 6:14 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Why is divorce so expensive?

Cause it's worth it!
Old Jan 6th 2010, 3:57 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Roadking View Post
Why is divorce so expensive?
Cause it's worth it!
If that's your philosophy, wouldn't it be cheaper not to get married in the first place?
Old Jan 6th 2010, 5:24 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart View Post
If that's your philosophy, wouldn't it be cheaper not to get married in the first place?
Good thinking; is that the rule you live by?
Old Jan 6th 2010, 6:41 am
Millhouse is not a meme

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I delayed it for as long as I possibably could.
Old Jan 6th 2010, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

Miladassaf is just really niceMiladassaf is just really niceMiladassaf is just really niceMiladassaf is just really niceMiladassaf is just really niceMiladassaf is just really niceMiladassaf is just really niceMiladassaf is just really niceMiladassaf is just really nice

Why you get married if you want to divorce?? not good to divorce, try to hug your wife and continue the life with your kids.
I wish you the best, but think too much before you divorce and break your life.
Old Jan 6th 2010, 7:00 am
Just Joined

would love to have stayed married.....unfortunately, my husband decided to i wasnt enough for him.....so he is out on his ear. Second best is not good enough for me...but thanks for ur advice..i will pass it on to him.
Old Jan 6th 2010, 7:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miladassaf View Post
Why you get married if you want to divorce?? not good to divorce, try to hug your wife and continue the life with your kids.
I wish you the best, but think too much before you divorce and break your life.
"Try to hug your wife and continue the life with your kids"......with all due respect dude, and I mean no offence.....but that sounds like something a 6yr old would write.
Old Jan 6th 2010, 10:01 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fouz View Post
would love to have stayed married.....unfortunately, my husband decided to i wasnt enough for him.....so he is out on his ear. Second best is not good enough for me...but thanks for ur advice..i will pass it on to him.
Your getting divorced because your husband strayed? Surely that's normal here in Dubai with all the temptations on offer. If he has done it more than a couple of times, then maybe a divorce is the only option.
Old Jan 6th 2010, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

TheDreamer is on a distinguished road

But at the time of marriage things are different - you really get to know your partner after you've married him or her - normally in marriages which break down one partner has been cheating on the other - in my case if my partner had said "she was going to cheat after our marriage" I certainly wouldn't have married her in the first place (being sarcastic)!!
Old Jan 6th 2010, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Miladassaf View Post
Why you get married if you want to divorce?? not good to divorce, try to hug your wife and continue the life with your kids.(
Tell me something, would you still hug your wife if you caught her in bed with other men?? The thought of it would probably put shivers on your back.
Old Jan 6th 2010, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fouz View Post
You should never stay married to a cheating partner. Marriage is not a business that you have to keep it going at any cost.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.