Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Digital Camera Buffs

Digital Camera Buffs

Old Apr 13th 2008, 5:56 am
BE Enthusiast

jrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to all
Default Digital Camera Buffs

Has anyone here recently taken up or taken up since being here Digital SLR photography? Do images of the environment in the Middle East warrant shelling out some cash and learning photography?

Where is the best place to get the kit?
Old Apr 15th 2008, 6:13 pm
Diarist

secretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Digital Camera Buffs

Originally Posted by jrudofsky View Post
Has anyone here recently taken up or taken up since being here Digital SLR photography? Do images of the environment in the Middle East warrant shelling out some cash and learning photography?

There are a lot of professional and good amateur snappers in Dubai, and there are some amazing pictures around of all the scenery. I highly recommend Basil's Photo Blog for some stunning examples.

There are also various photography courses around. I have no clue if you could eventually monetise it as a hobby, but you could certainly have a lot of fun. There's also training available for things like Aperture and the whole post processing side.
Old Apr 15th 2008, 7:11 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

have I read this before
Old Apr 16th 2008, 3:56 am
BE Enthusiast

jrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to all

Thanks, will check it out.

Someone started a similar thread after mine about finding digital compact cameras.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 6:55 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, will check it out.

Someone started a similar thread after mine about finding digital compact cameras.
You can have a look at my blog if you want to see some shots.... all taken with a compact....

Have recently got a Sony A700P DSLR and am currently trying to get my head around it!

I think it's worth it... it's a whole different feel than a point and shoot - you do need to plan more about what you want to shoot and when etc...
Old Apr 16th 2008, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

I just got so annoyed with my smaller camera when at the Red Bull Airraces and obviously those planes fly quite fast, so you end up predicting when to take the picture!!!
Old Apr 16th 2008, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Chris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond repute

I just got so annoyed with my smaller camera when at the Red Bull Airraces and obviously those planes fly quite fast, so you end up predicting when to take the picture!!!
I got some great shots with mine and some decent ish videos. It's only an old sony cybershot with 3.2Mp
I did have a good vantage point though. We were stood in the raceclub right in the middle of the course.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Agreed, and I got a few good ones, but it goes without saying that a DSLR would have made things a lot easier.....and quite probably more focused.
Old Apr 16th 2008, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Chris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed, and I got a few good ones, but it goes without saying that a DSLR would have made things a lot easier.....and quite probably more focused.
Yeah, true. I want to get a smaller one that fits in my pocket easier. I don't really know enough about them to go and spend a load of money on them and I don't take that many piccys apart from when something big is on.