Reload this Page >

Different Ethnicities in Dubai

Different Ethnicities in Dubai

Old Nov 4th 2014, 4:11 pm
Just Joined

jaw101ie is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Different Ethnicities in Dubai

Hello,
I recently moved from Libya to Dubai. I lived for a while in London and I'm an Arab originally from Libya.
I'd like to ask all of you who live in Dubai which area I can find Arab expats and Emiratis to rent out an apartment. I've always been multicultural but I feel a bit out of place. My fiance will soon move here too, and she doesn't speak English that well and I'm sure she'll struggle.
I stayed in the beginning in Rigga which was o.k. - large South East Asian community it seams.
Now I am staying in Deira (in Murar) and it is almost exclusively South Asian (Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi) and it's quite dirty. Although it does remind me a lot of Libya, I often feel like the only Arab in the neighbourhood.
Which area can I find a nice mix of nationalities in, but mostly Arab/Emirati. Sorry to sound racist if anybody out there takes any offence. I loved India when I visited last year, and also South East Asia when I visited years ago, but I primarily chose to relocate to Dubai because it was in the Arab world, and I wanted my family to live in an Arab/Muslim vibe.
Thanks a lot in advance for advice
Old Nov 4th 2014, 5:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Different Ethnicities in Dubai

Mirdif
Old Nov 5th 2014, 2:34 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jaw101ie
I primarily chose to relocate to Dubai because it was in the Arab world,
50% of citizens in Dubai are from the Indian sub continent, 40% from other countries and only 10% are locals. Try Doha or Saudi if you want the real arabic world.
Old Nov 5th 2014, 7:03 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Mirdif
still very mixed.
muhaisnah or warqa are predominantly arab
Old Nov 5th 2014, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

alfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jaw101ie
Hello,
I recently moved from Libya to Dubai. I lived for a while in London and I'm an Arab originally from Libya.
I'd like to ask all of you who live in Dubai which area I can find Arab expats and Emiratis to rent out an apartment. I've always been multicultural but I feel a bit out of place. My fiance will soon move here too, and she doesn't speak English that well and I'm sure she'll struggle.
I stayed in the beginning in Rigga which was o.k. - large South East Asian community it seams.
Now I am staying in Deira (in Murar) and it is almost exclusively South Asian (Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi) and it's quite dirty. Although it does remind me a lot of Libya, I often feel like the only Arab in the neighbourhood.
Which area can I find a nice mix of nationalities in, but mostly Arab/Emirati. Sorry to sound racist if anybody out there takes any offence. I loved India when I visited last year, and also South East Asia when I visited years ago, but I primarily chose to relocate to Dubai because it was in the Arab world, and I wanted my family to live in an Arab/Muslim vibe.
Thanks a lot in advance for advice
The irony..
Old Nov 5th 2014, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

alfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mikewot
50% of citizens in Dubai are from the Indian sub continent, 40% from other countries and only 10% are locals. Try Doha or Saudi if you want the real arabic world.
Or Yemen...
Old Nov 5th 2014, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Quite a few Lebanese in Garhoud and environs, semi-Arab arguably. There is also the recently built Emirati cluster in International City, which is much nicer than the others, except possibly Spain. Finally, The Gardens has quite a few Iraqis and such like.

Last edited by mentalist; Nov 5th 2014 at 11:10 am.
Old Nov 5th 2014, 11:19 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Loads of non local Arab speakers in Oman... Big Libyan, Egyptian, Jordanian, Syrian communities, though note that not all are Muslim. In fact I would say the majority are not, or rather Muslim by cultural heritage only.
Old Nov 6th 2014, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikewot
No. Don't try Saudi. Stay in Dubai.
Old Nov 6th 2014, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nottmbantam
As the poster and his wife are evidently Libyan and presumably Muslim as well as Arabic speaking, Jeddah would not be the worst place on earth.
Old Nov 6th 2014, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Or he can just move to Makkah or Madinah
Old Nov 7th 2014, 4:03 am
Off Topic

northbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nice

Originally Posted by alfrombarking
Or he can just move to Makkah or Madinah
Makkah is full of Sudaneses and Nigerians
Old Nov 7th 2014, 8:25 am
Just Joined

Abdussalam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nottmbantam
Dear nottmbantam,

Why did you said that? I'm a Saudi man and proudly to be Muslim without hate other religions. For your words, I have shocking and sadness now. Read the following and it's written By Mandi Lynn:

Never in a million years did I imagine my life would lead me to a living in Saudi Arabia, but at times I'm glad it did. Life here has opened my eyes to the magnificence that lies beyond my bubble of comfort and familiarity back home. Stepping outside that comfort zone and living in Saudi Arabia has ignited a passion for travel and adventure that I wouldn't have known I had otherwise.

I encourage anyone who's ever given the opportunity to travel or work here to jump at the chance. See what could potentially be on your list of reasons why life in Saudi Arabia could be your best life yet!

See "Top 5 Reasons why Living in Saudi Arabia is great!" By: Mandi Lynn at Top 5 Reasons why Living in Saudi Arabia is great! - Expat Contest
Old Nov 7th 2014, 1:00 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Abdussalam
I'm a Saudi man and proudly to be Muslim without hate other religions.
Hhhmmmm, ISIS is showing us how much the Muslim religion is the religion of peace. We will not mention Shia versus Sunni attacks and vice versa.
I recently posted about living in KSA, not seen much in the replies to persuade me to not set foot in the place. http://britishexpats.com/forum/me-jo...ng-ksa-845879/
Old Nov 7th 2014, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Abdussalam
I encourage anyone who's ever given the opportunity to travel or work here to jump at the chance.
Will you give us Xmas Eve/Day, New Years Eve/Day off work? Or will you deny us it whilst travelling to our countries and being freely offered opportunity to your religious holidays!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.