Dibba

Old Jun 21st 2005, 11:43 am
A Natural Blonde

Zannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dibba

Hiya all

Any of you been to Dibba? Heard a lot about the place.

Thinking of going there for the day (or do we need a weekend?), any suggestions what we can do there? Heard snorkeling and diving is the thing to do (especially around Snoopy Rock).

Any info will be appreciated.

Cheers

Zannie x
Old Jun 21st 2005, 11:57 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Dibba

Originally Posted by Zannie
Hiya all

Thinking of going there for the day (or do we need a weekend?), any suggestions what we can do there? Heard snorkeling and diving is the thing to do (especially around Snoopy Rock).

Cheers

Zannie x
Yep, Snoopy Rock is just off the Sandy Beach Motel, which is a quaint little resort that does excellent burgers and chips.

You will have a blast.

A day trip should be sufficient though.
Old Jun 21st 2005, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

dstress is just really nicedstress is just really nicedstress is just really nicedstress is just really nicedstress is just really nicedstress is just really nicedstress is just really nicedstress is just really nicedstress is just really nicedstress is just really nicedstress is just really nice

Snoopy Island is the perfect place for snorkeling. Do not bother with the scuba gear as most interesting creatures are near the island at a max depth of 2-3 m. Both snorkeling and scuba gear can be rented at the dive shop at Sandy Beach Motel.

There is an entry fee at Sandy Beach (forgot the price but about 30 Dhs a head) for beach access. I think the fee might be waivered should you rent diving equipment.

Otherwise, there is not much else to see and do in the area unless you are more adventurous and have a 4x4 to visit Ziggy beach along the Wadi Bih.

For a day trip to Sandy Beach, I would also recommend lunch at Al Aqah. Take the opportunity to use their fabulous japanese toilets.
Old Jun 27th 2005, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Benson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to behold

Hiya all

Cheers

Zannie x

Hi, I have been to the east coast many times, I would suggest you buy an Explorer book. Very handy and plenty of info. Also check out OFF-road in the emirates and off road explorer. They also give a few drives that can be done in a saloon car. One I sugest to try is Hayl Fort, which is outside on Fujeriah, also the only water falls in the UAE are up there I haven't been there for a good few years so don't know what it is like now. Kalba down the south on the coast is also a very unspoilt area. I understand that Ziggy Beach is closed by road, car rolled! You can get there by dhow still. Also a track going over the Mussandan Peninsula goes from Dibba to Ras Al Khaimha. Very sceanic, I have done it a number of times but only in four wheel drive but have seen saloon cars going both ways. You will need photo ID to get back into the UAE though not passport control but just to enusre you are legal in the UAE.
There are plenty of dive centres there and Snoopy Rock is the best for snorkelling but if you want to dive then I suggest book ahead. My brother inlaw is a dive instructor and he is very busy at the moment.
Best of luck, I would advise an overnight stay, The AL Aqa is doing summer specials, something like Dhs%500 including dinner and breakfast. Stayed there last summer and plan to go again this year.

Benson.

Hey Face, move over Oracle!!!!!
Old Jun 27th 2005, 5:30 pm
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya all

Cheers

Zannie x
I think everyone else has summed Dibba up....nice beaches, especially up to the North but some bugger has built a load of villas across the entrance to the best bit so you can't drive up there now...shame...twas peaceful

A days enough....nice drive, especially if u go x country from Dibba to Khor Fakkan........

Have a good one

TS
Old Jun 28th 2005, 5:33 am
A Natural Blonde

Zannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Dibba

Cheers Guys for all your suggestions.

Gareth and I went last Saturday and had a lovely day. We hired snorkel gear from the Sandy Beach hotel (only 30 dirhams each for the hotel pass and 40 dirhams each for the snorkel gear) and swam out to Snoopy Rock, and saw hundreds of fish - fantastic!!

BTW - Face, they DO make good burgers and chips!!

Definitely planning to go back and do a lot more exploring!

Zannie x
Old Jun 29th 2005, 6:21 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Benson

Hey Face, move over Oracle!!!!!

Cheeky git!

That door stopper of a book could never tell u that Sandy Beach has gr8 burgers and chips!

1 all! :P
Old Jun 29th 2005, 6:26 pm
The Oracle

BTW - Face, they DO make good burgers and chips!!

Zannie x
Would The Oracle ever lie bout something like that? LOL

Glad u had a good time.