DEWA bills

Old Dec 4th 2009, 7:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default DEWA bills

Hi All,

I have been in my apartment for 2 months and am yet to recieve a DEWA bill. I was under the impression I'd be billed monthly but so far nada. I've spoken to a very unhelpful lady who seemed to have no idea what I was on about so was hoping some one here might know how long it takes to get your first bill. Bit worried they are going to cut me off with no notice or something.

Thanks

KC
x
Old Dec 4th 2009, 7:58 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DEWA bills

I moved in September, no bill yet.
Old Dec 4th 2009, 9:09 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

If you have an account number, why not check online?
Old Dec 4th 2009, 9:21 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roadking View Post
If you have an account number, why not check online?
Hello Mr. Typical. You have no bills to pay.

Old Dec 4th 2009, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

mysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud ofmysharona has much to be proud of

I moved in end of Sep, when I phone to check the balance it says "invalid account", when I try to log on online it shows me a bill from before I moved in and no others and the twice I have phoned them I got "yes, yes, new computer system - everything ok, you will have everything working within ten days" unfortunately both times this was then followed with a less than confident "Insh Allah"(sp).

Still, if they can keep it confused for another 10 months without cutting me off then they can keep the deposit and it will all work out nice...
Old Dec 4th 2009, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

Dubai GRO is on a distinguished road

Since I’m living in a flat, my watchman does all DEWA transactions for me.
Why not visit any DEWA office for half an hour and solve this issue once n for all!

Cheers!
Old Dec 4th 2009, 7:18 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1 View Post
Hi All,

I have been in my apartment for 2 months and am yet to recieve a DEWA bill. I was under the impression I'd be billed monthly but so far nada. I've spoken to a very unhelpful lady who seemed to have no idea what I was on about so was hoping some one here might know how long it takes to get your first bill. Bit worried they are going to cut me off with no notice or something.

Thanks

KC
x
have you actually registered though?

Even if you have you can do it online, but best bet is to go to the office down near Wafi and give your number and pay the bill, and set it up for online payment that way, if you don't pay for 3 months they cut you off, and trust me, you don't want to wake up with no Ac..
Old Dec 5th 2009, 6:43 am
Millhouse is not a meme

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Spugsy View Post
have you actually registered though?

Even if you have you can do it online, but best bet is to go to the office down near Wafi and give your number and pay the bill, and set it up for online payment that way, if you don't pay for 3 months they cut you off, and trust me, you don't want to wake up with no Ac..
You are using AC at the moment?
Old Dec 5th 2009, 7:03 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse View Post
we are just in the bedroom at night
Old Dec 5th 2009, 7:41 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

nah just at night, but you know what I mean...
Old Dec 6th 2009, 6:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Cypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to beholdCypselos is a splendid one to behold

i've never received a proper bill either. Periodically they cut me off, and i go to the office by Safa park and pay 9 a much less painful experience than I expected). Apparently I can't have a bill because i don't have a letter from the owner they have registered, who must be someone who bought it off plan ages ago, since it's certainly not the current owner.

So good luck sorting it out, but you may well get cut off randomly. They reconnect quite quickly when they do - I've reached the point that it's easier just to let it happen once every 6 months, go and pay the bill after work and go to the pub for a couple of hours until it's back on, rather than waste any more time trying to deal with them about who's actually getting the bill.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 8:59 am
Millhouse is not a meme

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I can imagine the summer would be awful!

That said, two people have posted they are using AC at night right now. I find our place freezing at night (I'm having to wear my jim jams)
Old Dec 6th 2009, 9:57 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cypselos View Post
i've never received a proper bill either. Periodically they cut me off, and i go to the office by Safa park and pay 9 a much less painful experience than I expected). Apparently I can't have a bill because i don't have a letter from the owner they have registered, who must be someone who bought it off plan ages ago, since it's certainly not the current owner.

So good luck sorting it out, but you may well get cut off randomly. They reconnect quite quickly when they do - I've reached the point that it's easier just to let it happen once every 6 months, go and pay the bill after work and go to the pub for a couple of hours until it's back on, rather than waste any more time trying to deal with them about who's actually getting the bill.
Why don't you get the current owner to re-register the property & stop all that happening?

-
Old Dec 6th 2009, 9:58 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I can imagine the summer would be awful!

That said, two people have posted they are using AC at night right now. I find our place freezing at night (I'm having to wear my jim jams)
Agreed, it's really cold at night now. I wonder if the posters in question are in apartments, as they seem to remain warmer in the winter than villas do - in terms of ambient temperature. I'm already noticing the difference this year.

-
Old Dec 6th 2009, 10:11 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

You and Blue Cat must be so used to the Newcastle chill that you need to be cold at night. We haven't used our AC since early-November.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.