Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Dentist Opportunity in Doha

Dentist Opportunity in Doha

Old Oct 17th 2011, 11:06 pm
Just Joined

mastermarner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dentist Opportunity in Doha

I am looking to emigrate out of sunny London to Doha. I have family and young kids. I would want to work as a dentist in a decent area where people dont mind paying good money for good treatment. I'd be looking to work for someone until I felt orientated enough to start on my own.

I have so many questions but I will try to limit them:

Which area has good mix of middle class people (who have money to spend on their teeth)?

How much for a 4-5 bedroom house with garden to rent per month?

Where do you guys go to see a good dentist? how much did you pay for treatment?
Old Oct 18th 2011, 5:13 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dentist Opportunity in Doha

Originally Posted by mastermarner
I am looking to emigrate out of sunny London to Doha. I have family and young kids. I would want to work as a dentist in a decent area where people dont mind paying good money for good treatment. I'd be looking to work for someone until I felt orientated enough to start on my own.

I have so many questions but I will try to limit them:

Which area has good mix of middle class people (who have money to spend on their teeth)?

How much for a 4-5 bedroom house with garden to rent per month?

Where do you guys go to see a good dentist? how much did you pay for treatment?
A good mix of middle class people in Doha ha ha ha ha ha ha ....
Old Oct 18th 2011, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

As you will be competing with Lebanese, Egyptians, Indians and Pakistanis among other Third World nationals, don't expect to earn the sort of salary that can pay for a 4-5 bedroom house plus schooling and the like. Good luck with your venture. You may need it.
Old Oct 18th 2011, 7:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I am looking to emigrate out of sunny London to Doha.
Why?
Old Oct 18th 2011, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Ok , now for the serious bit . I'm assuming your a practicing Dental Surgeon in London ? From a laymens point of view why on earth would you want to come to Doha to practice , there's far better places on the planet to pull teeth and rake round peoples gobs.

It's not the most attractive of places and i assume Dental Surgeons in the U.K are very well compensated for their services as finding one on the N.H.S is akin to finding rocking horse sh*t .

In fact there's a lot of very very good clinics here . There's a few surgeries run by Europeans and a lot of practices run by Lebanese / Arab / Indian surgeons . There's a massive market for cosmetic dentistry here as Arabs believe it or not are some of the vainest people on the planet.

Couple that with a lot of the Oil & Gas companies and Local Qatari companies offering full dental packages in the medical insurance packages makes for a lot of dentists .

I use the following http://www.qatardental.net/ which are good but expensive .

In Doha you either get very good or utter shite .
Old Oct 18th 2011, 9:49 pm
Just Joined

mastermarner is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies.

Interesting website co durham boy and perhaps i could send my cv to Dr Sarah. Says on the website she's from Kingston upon Thames.

The move is really for the kids as I dont think future is all that dandy for the next generation in U.K.
Old Oct 19th 2011, 3:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

The move is really for the kids as I dont think future is all that dandy for the next generation in U.K.
Have you been to Doha?
Old Oct 19th 2011, 4:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mastermarner
Thanks for the replies.

Interesting website co durham boy and perhaps i could send my cv to Dr Sarah. Says on the website she's from Kingston upon Thames.

Do some pretty indepth research mate . Doha is not a lifestyle choice for me , i'll do the job and move on or if the next contract is here i'll maybe still be here all depending on my mental state.

I'm sure there's better markets in the Gulf for your line of work especially if you're just speculating into moving into the region . Then again if you're looking long term then who knows.

Go out and get the Explorer book on Qatar from Waterstones or Smiths , that will give you a lot of info on everything especially on the aspects of your line of work.

Remember you need a sponsor to work in Qatar and also there's an awful lot of red tape with your profession concerning The Supreme Council of Health and Medicine.

Try and source a medical based recruitment consultant or contact practices directly for more specific based info.

Good luck
Old Oct 19th 2011, 4:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Have you been to Doha?
Go on , tell us all again you were stuck here for the Ash Cloud ....
Old Oct 19th 2011, 5:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Co Durham Boy

i shall never mention it again - sticks two fingers up
Old Oct 19th 2011, 5:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Co Durham Boy

i shall never mention it again - sticks two fingers up
Ha ha ha ha.... Doha certainly leaves an impression on people !!!
Old Oct 19th 2011, 5:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Co Durham Boy _ I would tell you how I'm still scarred from my second degree sunburn that I sustained there but I've obviously told you that before sticks two fingers up again
Old Oct 19th 2011, 5:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Co Durham Boy _ I would tell you how I'm still scarred from my second degree sunburn that I sustained there but I've obviously told you that before sticks two fingers up again
Life outside Dubai eh , must be an awful stress
Old Oct 19th 2011, 5:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oi! why are you picking on me meanie
Old Oct 19th 2011, 5:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Oi! why are you picking on me meanie
Only pulling your leg

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.