Dentist !!!!

Old Feb 3rd 2009, 8:50 am
Just Joined

ooby dooby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dentist !!!!

Hiya ! Need to get myself and hubby sorted with a decent dentist in AD.... we have company healthcare but think have to pay for a dentist...can anyone reccommend a good one ( i'm an ever so slightly nervous patient !! ) and do you just ring and book an appointment ???
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dentist !!!!

Originally Posted by ooby dooby
Hiya ! Need to get myself and hubby sorted with a decent dentist in AD.... we have company healthcare but think have to pay for a dentist...can anyone reccommend a good one ( i'm an ever so slightly nervous patient !! ) and do you just ring and book an appointment ???
lol I hate dentist also, palms start sweating as soon as i sit on that damned chair, but i found Al Thuraya Dental Clinic, Dr Shaikh, brilliant, had wisdom teeth out there, the usual fillings, he does bleaching the whole works, can not rec enough. 02 4432209

A lot of people use the British Dental Clinic but I tried them and i personally find al thuraya better
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 10:10 am
Just Joined

thanks a lot for that... where abouts is Al Thuraya ??? i live in Mushrif.... but can travel.
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

I use the Maher Medical Centre (on Corniche tel 666 3588) and they are gentle!
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ooby dooby
thanks a lot for that... where abouts is Al Thuraya ??? i live in Mushrif.... but can travel.
Cnr of Delma and Airport Road
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by hawkhead
I use the Maher Medical Centre (on Corniche tel 666 3588) and they are gentle!
I used to use them when they were working with the dentist at the Inter Cont, spent a small fortune on a treatment that did not work., long story, went to Al Thuraya and done.... for half the price as well.
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

Oh. Which dentist?
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Oh. Which dentist?
I think it was Dr. Maher himself If I remember correctly, a very charismatic older guy. Persuaded me to put braces up and down which I did, very expensive, it didnt work, but hey lost loads of weight, lol, and looked like a teenager for 10 months, was worth it just for that, ha ha

He was working from Inter COnt with the British dentist there he then opened the practice on the corniche.
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 12:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annacarna
lol I hate dentist also, palms start sweating as soon as i sit on that damned chair, but i found Al Thuraya Dental Clinic, Dr Shaikh, brilliant, had wisdom teeth out there, the usual fillings, he does bleaching the whole works, can not rec enough. 02 4432209

A lot of people use the British Dental Clinic but I tried them and i personally find al thuraya better
i would use the british dental clinic or dr shaikh, i used him when i had to have my impacted wisdom teeth out. they are both good. stay away from the us one. i think others have used swedish one as well.
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for all the info.... now just got to pluck up courage to make an appointment !!! How much should i expect to pay roughly, for a checkup ???
Old Feb 4th 2009, 3:06 am
BE Enthusiast

I think it was Dr. Maher himself If I remember correctly, a very charismatic older guy. Persuaded me to put braces up and down which I did, very expensive, it didnt work, but hey lost loads of weight, lol, and looked like a teenager for 10 months, was worth it just for that, ha ha
Yeah I know the guy. I believe he is one of a handful of Brits who have been granted permanent residency here, so he must have got someone's teeth right (someone important I should think!).
I had braces when I was a teenager and there's no way anyone could persaude me back into them as an adult!!

Ooby - I should think about 300dhs for a check up??
Old Feb 4th 2009, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Yeah I know the guy. I believe he is one of a handful of Brits who have been granted permanent residency here, so he must have got someone's teeth right (someone important I should think!).
I had braces when I was a teenager and there's no way anyone could persaude me back into them as an adult!!

Ooby - I should think about 300dhs for a check up??
lol probably. Loads of BS along the way no doubt....

Braces, lol, my son thinks I am the anti Christ for making him get braces...
Old Feb 4th 2009, 6:17 am
BE Enthusiast

my son thinks I am the anti Christ for making him get braces...
he'll thank you when he's older!
Old Feb 4th 2009, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

Mischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really niceMischief Queen is just really nice

Where on the Corniche is Dr Maher please?
Old Feb 4th 2009, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Just in front of Abelas. There are three identical buildings - one is a car showroom - and it's the middle building.